cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes some Military/Army issue gloves or glove inserts special or sought after?

I'm wondering why some Army/Military issue leather gloves or wool inserts are more sought after than others? I'm selling a pair of Army issue black leather gloves that are lined along with a pair of green wool glove inserts, and they are getting more attention that I would ever have thought. So was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to why they are getting so much attention?

The black leather gloves are by Glovemasters Inc, are lined and on the back of one of the inside tags it has hand written numbers - 0005/35.

The green wool inserts I believe are by Perfect KTG Mills.

These were my husbands old army issue gloves that he never used, (he's now retired from over 20 yrs in). He doesn't remember what year he got them, but they aren't vintage, as my husband is only in his early 50's, so doubt they are very old. I can't seem to find any info online about them. What could be the interest in these gloves? I'm honestly curious and appreciate any information anyone can offer!

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: What makes some Military/Army issue gloves or glove inserts special or sought after?

@thallidguy wrote:

You've received some interesting answers so far, but here's another thought from someone who doesn't know any better than anyone else:

Are these gloves still standard issue, or have they been replaced? If they're no longer standard issue and they have been replaced by something inferior (or just not as well liked), the old equipment may be very much in demand. No doubt, active duty personnel who liked the old stuff better would be part of the market for it.

You might be on to something.  My friend told me the Army replaced teh dress shoes for a short tiem with horrible fake leather carp made in China that fall apart after a month or so.  They switched to a different - USA - supplier and it is better and real leather..  So good rugged stuff is like finding gold.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: What makes some Military/Army issue gloves or glove inserts special or sought after?

Apparently the real thing is well worth extra money, and the time involved to find the items.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply