cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What it takes to do $1,000,000 in sales ?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: What it takes to do $1,000,000 in sales ?

You need to find items that are in demand, high end  It's going to take a long time and lots of hard work/patience. Good luck.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Take me about 5 more years on one.

3 on another.

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

big bankroll so you can buy good quality items to resell

A good quality supplier that will work with you that doesn't supply everyone else that can supply you with  gadzillion items 

a spouse or significant other to pick you back up when you start slipping. sometimes this is just for a simple slap on the back of the head with them saying "what were you thinking?"

Lots of hard work and not just dreaming about it or dreaming how you are going to pawn it off on someone else and reap the rewards.  Ok, maybe that will work.

A little luck. ok, maybe lots of luck.

Reminds me of drag racing.  If you want to make a million dollars drag racing, you start out with 2 million and quit when you have only a million left.  

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

In a nutshell?
Time, Money, Work, Patience, and a lot of good luck!
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

List list and more listnings 🙂

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Sell everything I own 2 million times.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

Also, OP forgot to include during what time frame. A month? Quarter? Year?

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

I would suggest start by selling your first item o' grand dreamer, then move on to the second one and keep doing that...

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

This listing has done almost a million in the past 24 hours......

It's easy to gross a Million on eBay the tricky part is having any of that Million stick in YOUR pocket.

No...

$1,300 x 125 = $165,600

About 1/6th of a million...

Still quite a ways to go and I do agree that listing likely belongs to some big organization where the workers are but the peons.

Message 24 of 36
latest reply

buy something for $2 million and auction it off on ebay.  

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

Another site???

Kidding....

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

@membersinceaug2001 wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

It's easy to gross a Million on eBay the tricky part is having any of that Million stick in YOUR pocket.

I was just looking at that item.  Why do people buy those?  I don't see how you will ever get your money back let alone ahead on em.

And I see some are buying 10+ at a shot.

Gold is a safe investment, many folks missed the boat when it went from $300 an ounce to almost $1,800 thou it took 5-8 years to do it... And one day it may go up in value again and at 1300 it's not likely to come down much, the big mining enterprises are mostly digging old proven dirt so unless a whole lot of new deposits are found...

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

@trsbtsrj0 wrote:

@slippinjimmy wrote:

No...

$1,300 x 125 = $165,600

About 1/6th of a million...

Still quite a ways to go and I do agree that listing likely belongs to some big organization where the workers are but the peons.

The number of sales "in the last 24 hours" keep changing, when I looked at it yesterday there were 655 sales in the last 24 hours, now it's showing 769 total sales.

The price has gone up since yesterday and it's no longer part of the Daily Deals promotion so it's no suprise that sales on that listing have declined as a result.

Yesterday the listing was tagged with "spot + $5", it's not longer in the Daily Deal and the price has gone up by quite a bit so if you are seeing "xx sales in the past 24 hours" that number is obviously going to be falling as the price is now $50 higher and it's no longer part of the Daily Deal promotion.

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

@fuzzface50 wrote:

A good quality supplier that will work with you that doesn't supply everyone else that can supply you with  gadzillion items 

Good luck with that, chances are they would already be selling their items here.

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

@atikovi

Not really.

A wholesaler deals with a few dozen or hundred clients, each of whom he knows and with whom he has a real contract and an ongoing relationship.

Those clients are dealing with hundreds or thousands of customers most of whom are one-off sales.

More work. With good luck, more profit.

With bad luck, shoptheft, returns, damages in transit, bad cheques.

Both are part of business-- manufacturer, wholesaler,  retailer.

An etsy seller may be all of those things, most eBay sellers are happy being only one.

Message 30 of 36
latest reply