cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on?? Am I missing something?

I've done sporadic selling here on ebay for years, never had a problem. Now I'm trying to sell a Nintendo Switch Ringfit game, the 1st auction, the buyer requested an immediate cancel, so I went ahead and cancelled and relisted. Now the 2nd auction just finished, and the buyer emailed me saying she can't pay for it, and her husband bid on it as a joke!! WTH is going on, I'm going to file a strike against her, of course, but should I do a second chance offer before relisting. These people are beyond ridiculous.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is going on?? Am I missing something?

Now the 2nd auction just finished, and the buyer emailed me saying she can't pay for it, and her husband bid on it as a joke!!

Have you considered using fixed price with immediate payment required?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Now the 2nd auction just finished, and the buyer emailed me saying she can't pay for it, and her husband bid on it as a joke!!

Have you considered using fixed price with immediate payment required?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I don't have a fix for the past- but for the future: List as 'buy it now- immediate payment required'.. then you won't have that happening anymore. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks, that's a good idea.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Instead of a cancellation on the joker's purchase, please do an Unpaid Item Dispute.

If he doesn't pay for it, he gets a Strike, which will make it harder to bid or buy on eBay in future.

Do it for The Culture.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply