cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is about EU buyers who intitle in buyer remorse and full refund including shipping fees?

This month I had Germany buyer who opened return for the item didn't fit. As we know international shipping isn't very cheap, so she should be very careful and check measurement table before submitting her payment. Instead, she open return and because of EU regulation, she supposes to get shipping fee back along with item price if she would ship me her item. Is there anything can be done to protect USA sellers who aren't about to offer the refund of shipping fees on buyer remorse returns for EU buyers from their eBay sites?

BTW, she didn't ship that item and case was closed in my favor just to get on hold as she appeal it. So she got her money back in full anyway...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What is about EU buyers who intitle in buyer remorse and full refund including shipping fees?

European Union (EU) law allows buyers to return goods for any reason when seller is notified within 30 days, and they are entitled to a full refund which does include shipping.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: What is about EU buyers who intitle in buyer remorse and full refund including shipping fees?

I understand this, but for some reason, ebay.com never mention this detail and if buyer file that return on any EU eBay site there is nothing we can do about it. I did post this threat in eBay Spring Update simplified return part. Here it isn't helpful at all. I think that eBay should stop pretending that we can set up our international returns our way while it is not possible.

This is the reason to exclude shipping to EU.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I wanted to cancel and hit post by mistake - no nap for me tonight  . . . straight to bed soon

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@rock4bestwrote:

I understand this, but for some reason, ebay.com never mention this detail and if buyer file that return on any EU eBay site there is nothing we can do about it. I did post this threat in eBay Spring Update simplified return part. Here it isn't helpful at all. I think that eBay should stop pretending that we can set up our international returns our way while it is not possible.

This is the reason to exclude shipping to EU.

I agree that eBay should let sellers in on that detail that can cost sellers a lot of money.

For now, you can restrict your sales.  But when eBay becomes their own payment processor, you won't be able to do that.  That's one of the biggest reasons why eBay is going with an international payment processor...imho of course.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sleep tight.  😃

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I am not sure why do you need to go to PayPal in order to restrict EU country, why not to edit your list of countries you are going to ship to on eBay. We have a very short list of those countries and UK is out of it for very long time. I think other EU country will join that list for us!

Absolutely unfair when EU buyer didn't check our measurements as they didn't care about it. They use our lower prices. They are lower compared to their own country as we do not include shipping fees in the item price to cover loss for returns. Then they rely on their lows which shouldn't work on eBay.com but they open it on eBay.ge or any other EU eBay site. This way we not only loose sale but also shipping fees. Nobody mentions this in that update as we suppose to be able to set up our international returns our way...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply