cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Going on With Sales???????

I really DO NOT understand why ebay throws the switch when we are selling a lot. It is not fair. I sold 37 or more items in 2 days and today not one sale. It makes no sense that this is a natural occurance. Kind of like ebay thinks it is ok to just not send out our news letters and not tell anyone until it is fixed. Sketchy and scandolous if you ask me.

pgozzy
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: What is Going on With Sales???????

It's always like this in December for me.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Since when or where are sales like clockwork?

Certainly not in B&M stores or here.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Your sales look pretty consistent to me, you're complaining for no reason if you ask me.  

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

37 sales in two days sounds enviable actually.  So you had one day with no sales.  Enjoy a little breather time.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Sellers are struggling, for sure. And the strange pattern you notice has been noticed by many sellers who sell many ways in different categories.

What is going on? No one seems to know. No, a B&M store doesn't have 37 customers in one day at peak sales time, then nothing for days lol.

But you will encounter those who will blame you and other sellers, instead of having a decent discussion about the issue and how to make things better.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

ebay is built on a foundation of exec happy talk, fairy dust, and butterflies.

Stability???

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I do not understand how someone should expect buyers every single day 365 days a year. You have excellent sales but yet complain and blame Ebay for some strange reason because no buyers a couple days.

12/3 - 3

12/4 - 5

12/5 - 0

12/6 - 3

12/7 - 3

12/8 - 4

12/9 - 0

12/10 - 1

12/11 - 15

You should have started a post thanking ebay for letting you get all those sales and also saying how happy you are you got 15 buyers in a single day.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

I sold 37 or more items in 2 days - pgozzy 

Wow ! thats actually pretty good . I was happy with 14 sales over this last weekend ,, but not anymore 😞 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

If i had 37 sales in two days, you would here no complaints from me. Just saying . . . .

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@pgozzy,

Maybe the sales have slowed down because this time of year like items are selling in B&M stores for close to the same prices, on Sale.  It could also be because your category is dominated by the Chinese, or your feedback percentage. Then again maybe your sales are being Throttled. Check the link below which has an article about throttling, listing limits and a list of reasons why ebay might hide your items.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/12/1418064225.html

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

If I had 37 sales I'd think I was in heaven.  I go several days without sales, and when I get a sale I always say " thank you Lord for letting me sell".  This time of year sales should be up, but for what ever reason there not.  I sure would not complain if I had 37 sales, I would be thankful.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Thank you very much. That article is exactly what I was trying to figure out. It answered many questions. Thanks again
pgozzy
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

I praise God for all of the favor and blessings that I receive. I am not complaining I am just trying to figure out after doing this for 6 years how and why our sales get limited by ebay. So I know if I am going to stick around or find better options where I have more control over my business than ebay.
pgozzy
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

For me, I have odd sales in December, because of what I sell. Plumbing products typically are not Christmas presents, and most people have already purchased them prior to December if they are doing re-modeling. Some days I get many sales, others just a couple. So, in my instance, and maybe yours, it's just the type of items being sold, the day of the week, or people's budgets.

Hang in there, OP.

37 in two days is really good. Now people have to get their paychecks before shopping again.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply