cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to a request of a suspended buyer?

I sold an item (camera lens), the first red flag was when the buyer contacted me after only 2 business days complaining about the tracking, even though I shipped it within 24 hours of receiving payment.

The item was delivered on time, and the buyer opened a request for return/refund stating "Doesn't match description or photos"  "Item is not as described... It is hot glued." (which doesn't make sense, the lens was perfect. I should not have to pay return shipping).

The same day I got a notice from eBay:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suspicious buyer for item

We had to cancel bids for the buyer because they aren't registered on eBay:
(Item number....)

To help you avoid this situation in the future, consider setting a Buy It Now price and requiring buyers to make an immediate payment. For more information on immediate payments, visit: (...)

We recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging into your PayPal account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests a refund or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment.

In these types of situations, we may, at our sole discretion, decide whether to credit the fees for removed listings.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all this makes no sense because the item WAS a buy-it-now item, there were no bids to cancel.

I left a message in the request asking the buyer to send photos of the supposed damage, and there was no response (which makes sense since he's suspended).

But my question is, since the buyer is now suspended, what happens to his return request?
Can I safely ignore the return request?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0