cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens IF a BUYER pays for item & they don't pickup?

What happens IF a BUYER pays for item & they don't pickup?  I have tried contacting several times to get ahold of the buyer.  Is there a time limit they can tie you up?

I am worried that my seasonal item is only good to sell fall/winter & dont want to be tied up waiting 30 days and not be listed.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

This buyer does NOT know it was local pickup.

You don't know that.

Only the buyer does...let the buyer handle the buyer stuff.

There is zero need for this seller to do anything unless they hear from that buyer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

What kind of timeline are we talking about from date of purchase to now? I assume this item is large / heavy item? Did you entertain looking at their profile, feedback, and Google the address?

If the buyer has not contacted you at all about pick-up, I would entertain cancelling order, refunding, blocking them, and relisting. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I've run into this from time to time, I set the item aside. make an attempt to contact the buyer and then forget about it.

I've been paid,  they can pick it up tomorrow, next week,  next month, next year or never....I don't care.

I have one of these set aside since December 2012......

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

A long time ago I had a driving arcade game that was paid for but never picked up by 3 different people over the course of a year.  If I remember correctly one from an ad in the local paper and the guy came, paid, said he would be back with a truck that weekend and I never heard from him again and I didn't even have a phone number.  A few months later it sold again on a gaming forum, person sent me a check, I got a message about them picking it up the next month and then they also seemingly vanished off the face of the earth.  Phone number disconnected and no longer on the forum. Months after that it sold on ebay, same exact story, paid with a message about picking it up sometime in the near future and then the person vanished off the face of the earth.

It finally got picked up the 4th time it sold, I don't recall where I sold it that time.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@sell-more wrote:

Meaning...? Nothing happens...not really

Justr BBL and re-list your item after 60 days.

If they don't care, neither should you.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Wow you got paid 4 times that's a great CHURN.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Well I figure most buyers would contact right away.  This one has not & not responded to my message.   I don't want to cancel just yet if it is a true sale.  But I don't want them 60 days later saying they don't want it..  Could be this person wants to tie my up & they are selling the same item. so they make the sale. by putting my item on ICE..  

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@sell-more wrote:

What happens IF a BUYER pays for item & they don't pickup?  I have tried contacting several times to get ahold of the buyer.  Is there a time limit they can tie you up?

I am worried that my seasonal item is only good to sell fall/winter & dont want to be tied up waiting 30 days and not be listed.

Are you talking about a local pickup item? 

Or is it an item that sits in the buyer's post office "ready for pickup?"

For the latter, if the buyer doesn't pick it up, ebay will consider it as having been delivered so if the buyer files INR, it'll close in your favor. It'll eventually be returned to sender. Although you won't be obligation to issue a refund, my opinion is that the right thing to do would be to deduct shipping costs and fees you incurred and issue a refund for the balance.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Can't help when you don't respond to my questions with details for all of us to see and respond to. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Local pickup

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

purchase to now.  has been 4 days.  Item doesn't matter as to why its a pickup.  Looking at profile that says a name and USA is no help but if ebay supplied a phone number it would help.    Don't want to cancel just yet, but would like to relist soon.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@sell-more 

Have you checked the order details? Buyer phone number is usually there.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Ah Thanks it was under hidden details..   I checked the area code and   651  its nowhere near my state however could be a cell.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

99.99999% of the people that shop Ebay expect items to be delivered. 

This is no different.

This buyer does NOT know it was local pickup.

Cancel/Refund (if paid)/Relist and put buyer on Blocked List. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

But I don't want them 60 days later saying they don't want it.. 

They can't leave feedback after 60days.

And they can't open an eBay Claim after 30 days.

They can open a PP claim for 180 days from payment, but PP also demands that the unhappy buyer return the unwanted item... which could be difficult.

Chargebacks are another story.

But at this point it's been four days?
One of them was Sunday.

Three of them are working days.

And by 4:30 here it is dark , which can make pickups difficult or unpleasant.

Give it to Saturday.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply