cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly qualifies as an active listing in the my eBay section?

It says I have 1006 active listings but I'm not showing any fees for new listings and I'm supposed to only get a thousand for free.

In the promotional offers section it says I've only used 938 and I have 62 to go. I'm confused.

How does it work?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lucy1036 wrote: ... In the promotional offers section it says I've only used 938 ...

Did some of your listings begin (or roll over) in September?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The active is how many listings you have active right now (regardless of when they start or end)

The listings available to use always start fresh on the 1st of the month.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

All of my listings are listed as good until cancelled. And I'm sure that many started in September, but maybe that's not what you're asking.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The 1006 is the total you have at this point of time......  if you list another today, it will show 1007..  That incudes auction & FP listings.....

the 938 is the number of the 1000 "free" fixed priced listings you've used this month.........there are 62 left...  If you have 63 rolling over today.....(being automatically relisted)....it would show, 1000 used and charge you 10c for one.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

This is a little confusing so I am not sure of the question.

Someone brought this up before. Although it say (Active) it is actually listing opened during the month even if closed now. It seems that you are over the limit but maybe there was other promotions you were included in.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have an awful feeling this is just going to get MORE confusing for the OP as this thread continues = )

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@lucy1036 wrote:

All of my listings are listed as good until cancelled. And I'm sure that many started in September, but maybe that's not what you're asking.

Exactly what he was asking.

Good till canceled listings relist every 30 days.

I see about 80 of your items that are expiring in the next 24 hours - which means they were probably relisted before October 1 and thus would not have been deducted from your 1000 free listings for October. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
I have an awful feeling this is just going to get MORE confusing for the OP as this thread continues = )

They don't pay me enough to get the correct answers every time. Heck, I don't get the $10 a day CS gets and I have better percentages. I am at 82.55 % now according to my study. Smiley Very Happy

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have a study here that says your study is wrong and statistically you're only right 80% of the time.

So there.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply