cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it take to get a manager call back?????

Seriously, what does it take to get a manager call back. I had an issue back in March and was promised 3 different time someone would call me back. Guess what, it never happened. I was given time frames in those conversation of 24 hours to one time 30 minutes. 

I have been with ebay over 20 years now and the issue happened again on Saturday. My account is frozen and I was promised a call back in 24 hours. Absolutely nothing. 

So what does it really take to get someone who has the ability the actually answer questions and do something other than a front line working just guessing with the issue might be?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: What does it take to get a manager call back?????

@grfmotorsportsii 

I would reach to e-Bay CS thru social media. 

While it is not as "fast" as a call back, it is often more thorough and comprehensive.  Our experience with them on "complicated" matters has been excellent.

https://facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Send them a private message from the landing page with your User ID, email and a brief description of your issue(s).  Message button in upper right on landing page.

Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

first of all you have to be able to speak at least 2 languages. i had a call back the other day and gave up as i couldnt decipher what the lady was saying.  if it was english it must be a new version.  

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

oh and to answer your question, not a snowballs chance in hades

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@grfmotorsportsii 

I'm with @katzrul15... the facebook connection isn't a call back, but it is two-way communication. And it works. Good luck.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

". My account is frozen and I was promised a call back in 24 hours. Absolutely nothing. "

Problems with claims of fake items?????

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

The phone reps don't work for eBay. They work for a sub-contractor in Utah.

The social media accounts are run by trained employees.

And you get a transcript.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

A person with an accent speaks at least one more language than you do.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Serious question, how do you know who is employed and who is a contractor of eBay? Do you believe running a business utilizing a social media company for your CSR's is very professional? Are you not concerned knowing that Zucker will sell your info to anyone anywhere in the world?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

good luck with that.   ebay no longer really has a customer support.   nor do they care you are having problems.    (customer is ALWAYS RIGHT)   and sellers do not matter.    the platform is  worthless.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

after 16 years of selling on ebay,   them trying to MAKE ME JOIN FACEBOOK  was the last straw.   ebay is incompetent.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

No, actually issues with listing restrictions. Somehow I am suppose to know the unwritten guidelines that always seem to be changing. 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

So far the online the online chat with CS is just as bad as talking to them on the phone.... 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

So far this has been useless. I asked my first question, was given a standard answer then the agent disappeared for an hour only to have another agent respond and say there was nothing to add and promptly disconnected. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

From a response by tyler@ebay  on the eBay Canada boards.

His answer included the information that the Facebook people were in the next room to him.

It makes some sense to use a widely known platform like Twitter or FaceBook as a contact for customers.

And one of the three social media accounts is eBay's own platform.

Personally, the one I would avoid is the Twitter, partly because of Elon Musk and partly because I don't understand how a complex problem can be explained in 142 keystrokes. I find the platform annoying.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@futuremarine2011 

A sample of my first language, which most people do consider to be English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olnxF7bIIuk

Message 15 of 19
latest reply