cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did Ebay do to Listing Templates & Create Listing?

Last night listing new item half of the listing specifics are gone from my Template. After created listing it then told me 9 Recommended Specifics - Specifics I had already filled out on my template but were missing during listing creation. I then added the recommended afterword. 

This morning go to list, same thing, back out, go to templates, go into edit to template I'm using, item specifics are missing - a lot of them as is with last night. Back out, go to another template I use for another format, same thing. Back out, go back to templates, select Create Template...same thing, all item specifics are missing except a few + you cannot select Category for the template either - option is missing completely. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: What did Ebay do to Listing Templates & Create Listing?

@nuclearomen wrote:

They also said "no tickets were made the issue as of yet" - but as we know, there have been people calling in and reporting the issue - apparently for weeks now. 

Generally @nuclearomen that means while there may be numerous individual account tickets, there is not yet a site-wide ticket. I have no idea how many individual tickets need to be filed before a site-wide ticket is generated and the issue given some actual attention.

I would encourage everybody in addition to reporting to CS - use the comments link on the listing form to report the issue. Those comments go directly to the developers and there's a chance they'll act without a site wide ticket if they get a bunch of reports and can replicate the problem.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

I had one opened and have the ticket number. Still nothing has changed 

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

OK,  I came up with a revised work around that isn't too bad.

Go to your active listings, open a recent listing  that includes all the missing item specifics.

- Do a  sell similar, and go through and clear all the IS fields.

- Enter your boilerplate info for all the fields that you usually have prefilled in your template, (such as fit, theme, etc. for clothing) Then save this as a draft.

- Once you have a draft that matches your original template, go to the drafts page, check the box next to this draft and hit the button to make 50 copies of the draft. (or however many you desire) 

- Now you can just resume one draft at a time as if you were creating a new listing using a template.

- Once you have the listing drafted, you can save as a draft, schedule for later or go live , whatever  your normal procedure is, hope that helps until ebay gets the issue fixed.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@denimosity wrote:

OK,  I came up with a revised work around that isn't too bad.

Go to your active listings, open a recent listing  that includes all the missing item specifics.

- Do a  sell similar, and go through and clear all the IS fields.

- Enter your boilerplate info for all the fields that you usually have prefilled in your template, (such as fit, theme, etc. for clothing) Then save this as a draft.

- Once you have a draft that matches your original template, go to the drafts page, check the box next to this draft and hit the button to make 50 copies of the draft. (or however many you desire) 

- Now you can just resume one draft at a time as if you were creating a new listing using a template.

- Once you have the listing drafted, you can save as a draft, schedule for later or go live , whatever  your normal procedure is, hope that helps until ebay gets the issue fixed.

@denimosity not a bad idea giving the options atm.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

I don't think a lot of Sellers use all the Item Specifics they should, the Recommended ones NOT Required ones of course.  I see this all the time when I do Sold search research on items ... it's like "how did they sell that without hardly any Item Specifics?"

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@nuclearomen 

I don't think a lot of Sellers use all the Item Specifics they should, the Recommended ones NOT Required ones of course.  I see this all the time when I do Sold search research on items ... it's like "how did they sell that without hardly any Item Specifics?"

@mr_lincoln doesn't matter, it's not a question if a lot of sellers fill them out. It's the point that they are there, that ebay made a fuss for 2 yrs straight about specifics, changed the listing tool multiple times, made some of the specifics mandatory, and a lot of them recommended that if you don't you'll get the message on the seller hub next to listing to fill them out. So with all that, there shouldn't be an issue, ever, with them being there to fill out. 

I fill them out, always have, even before their exodus on IS. In my biz, they are needed to know what edition you are selling etc... even though put most that info into the description also. Many my competitors don't don't fill out anything at all. IDK how they sell, I know  many of them have wrong info in their descriptions on the edition though. In some cases, see buyer don't care and/or can figure it out pretty easy, but having the info in the IS and Description is just good selling habit IMO. 

Message 21 of 21
latest reply