cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Do I Do?

Here is my issue. A buyer purchased one of my items. I received the payment. I shipped the item. It is still in transit. The buyer did not look at the estimated delivery and now just realized that it could take 1-10 business days to get to him. He is now complaining and wants a refund. I told him I only do a Return For Refund policy he refuses to do so and is saying I should give the refund up front. He changed his mind about wanting the item because he didn’t look. What can I do? I don’t feel like arguing with him anymore. Will eBay be on my side if he reports it to them?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What Do I Do?

Yea it sounds like your buyer is a doozie. I got one of those a few weeks ago. Take it from someone who has been here for about 15 years and with thousands of sales... these types of buyers are a bit rare. Don't let it discrouage you. Yes buyers get mad, but not many of them use profanity I think.

If the buyer refuses to do anything... then I believe that is that. He'll have his item in 10 days and keep it. You can't force anyone to return the item despite them being upset that they have the item and don't want it. It's pretty unreasonable as is his demand to get a refund before you get your item back. Sadly unless the buyer calms down, it sounds like a potential negative feedback from this buyer is inevitable. If that happens, then ask people here about the feedback comment he left if there it's eligible for removal under ebay policy. Some can offer suggestions on how to talk to eBay to remove it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Do you accept returns in the listing? If yes, then the buyer should be filing for a remorse return request. But nothing is to stop the buyer from lying and saying he got a defective item or something to file a SNAD return which you will have to pay for the return postage of the item. If they do this, talk to eBay and see what they say. Refer them to the messages the buyer sent with him admitting to not seeing the ETA. Hopefully eBay will agree its remorse and help you.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Can't you tell him you'll refund after you receive the returned item? I would never refund w/out the item back
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@dairywyfewrote:
Can't you tell him you'll refund after you receive the returned item? I would never refund w/out the item back

Yes don't be bullied into issuing a refund without getting your item back. Ebay will support you here. If you do it, the buyer may never return the item to you and you just gave them a free item.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

If the item is still in transit, can you intercept delivery?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I did tell him that but he won’t accept it as an answer.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I said in my listing “No Returns Accepted”. I don’t like dealing with returns so I don’t put them on.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Unfortunately I cannot.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Agreed!
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

DON'T PANIC!

The buyer can't do anything until the parcel arrives.

You can tell him that he  can on accepting the parcel he return it for a full refund.

Or he can refuse the parcel and when you receive it back, which can take some time, you will refund him in full.

Tell him that the first is faster, but he will have to pay for return shipping. (This is a case of Buyer Remorse, but don't use those words. Too inflammatory.)

And that the second is slower, but no money comes out of his pocket.

But basically, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REFUND A CENT UNTIL THE SHIPMENT IS BACK IN  YOUR HANDS.

In every communication repeat, Refund on Return.

Refund on Return.

You regret that you cannot release his refund until the purchase has been returned.

Rinse and repeat.

And seriously, he is having hissy fits because it will take as much as  a whole week to arrive.?

What a sookie-baby.

baby dummy.jpg

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

He really is angry that it could take awhile. He started cussing me out. But I feel a little more at ease with this with your insight. But I offered both the options that he could return it for a full refund but he refuses. Very confused on this one as I’m new to eBay and haven’t had a problem for my last 25+ sales.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Yea it sounds like your buyer is a doozie. I got one of those a few weeks ago. Take it from someone who has been here for about 15 years and with thousands of sales... these types of buyers are a bit rare. Don't let it discrouage you. Yes buyers get mad, but not many of them use profanity I think.

If the buyer refuses to do anything... then I believe that is that. He'll have his item in 10 days and keep it. You can't force anyone to return the item despite them being upset that they have the item and don't want it. It's pretty unreasonable as is his demand to get a refund before you get your item back. Sadly unless the buyer calms down, it sounds like a potential negative feedback from this buyer is inevitable. If that happens, then ask people here about the feedback comment he left if there it's eligible for removal under ebay policy. Some can offer suggestions on how to talk to eBay to remove it.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Well thank you very much. I hope that I can reach out to you if there’s anymore issues. For now I’ll just not reply to his messages and see where it goes from there. Thanks for your help. I can sleep easy now haha.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@boucnewrote:
He really is angry that it could take awhile. He started cussing me out. But I feel a little more at ease with this with your insight. But I offered both the options that he could return it for a full refund but he refuses. Very confused on this one as I’m new to eBay and haven’t had a problem for my last 25+ sales.

There really is nothing you can do.  It sounds like he isn't going to be reasonable regardless.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I need help on what to do? I bought a Technics Reciever SA-8500X 2 month’s ago off of EBay & I got taken to the woodshed on it. I paid over $550.00 for it & the seller said it was in mint condition which was a lie. It took me 1 Week to clean the Inside of the Reciever it was a Pigs pen. Dirt, & more Dirt. The inside was Rust, Rust & I had to Replace the Power Transformer, all the Top dial lens lights were burnt out. There was a loose wire never resoldered back in place. 2 Fuses in Back we’re blown out. I had to replace the 1 speaker terminal broken plastic terminals. I had to replace the VU Meter lamp Assembly blown bulbs. The off on Switch was loose. I had to also replace the 4 VU Meter’s the Left Channel was toast. I had to also replace 2-Circuit Boards Rusty & not working. The Top of Power Transformer was a rusty mess. And 2 Cabinet Screws were missing. The bottom Metal Of Reciever was a rusty mess. 2 copper circuit boards were a rusty mess. It took me hours & Hours with Qtips to clean all the Dirt out of inside. What can I do now? Can’t find the Bulbs I will have to send the Reciever in to have someone put bulbs in they will have to be made to fit there is non on the Internet. I hate dishonesty so what can I do now?? I hope the person enjoys that he took advantage of a person that is legelly Blind 20/400. Why don’t EBay crack down on these people??

Message 15 of 18
latest reply