cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, well...eBay acquires Etsy---I didn't see that one coming!

"eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY), a global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, today announced it has completed its acquisition of Etsy, Inc. (NASDAQ: ETSY), which operates two-sided online marketplaces that connect millions of passionate and creative buyers and sellers around the world..."

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Well, well...eBay acquires Etsy---I didn't see that one coming!

@janet9988 This was posted on April 1st. If you read the entire thread, you will discover it was posted as an April Fool's Joke.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

"eBay Inc. (Nasdaq: EBAY), a global commerce leader that connects millions of sellers and buyers around the world, today announced it has completed its acquisition of Etsy, Inc. (NASDAQ: ETSY), which operates two-sided online marketplaces that connect millions of passionate and creative buyers and sellers around the world..."

Who are you quoting for this from?

It's an April Fool's post. It's made up. It's not real. Alternative facts.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques 

Today I posted on my FB (I live in Kansas City) that Travis Kelce was traded by the Chiefs! Lots of people didn't get it & were surprised, but several did...it was all in good fun!

The information about Rashee Rice was thought to be an April Fools joke also....until it wasn't.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@janet9988  I assure you, as the person who posted the joke, it IS a joke. Is  it possible that sometime in the future ebay will acquire etsy? Or even visa versa? Sure. But ebay did not acquire etsy on April 1, 2024. 

Message 34 of 34
latest reply