cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weirdest purchase ever!

OK guys, hear me out......I am alwas in my garage scanning lots of media, DVDs, CDs, Blurays, etc.  and because I tend to misplace my phone I stick it into my pocket every time after scanning. I have found it to be still on when I pull it out to scan, and so forth. So, last Saturday I was scanning when I noticed a notification. Thinking I had sold an item I go to check and there it was..........I had bought a Bluray worth $6+!  Now, I am like...what? I don't buy Blurays, I sell them! So, after scratching my head how I could have bought a Bluray while my phone was in my pocket I went to cancel the purchase, and an Ebay notification came that "it was too late". Then, the buyer doesn't accept returns.

Not happy about it, minutes later I sent him a message stating the facts and that I didn't want it. Waited for a while, nothing! A notification came this afternoon that it was shipped.  Am I a slave or what? I happen to have "bought" an item that I don't want-need, but the seller can do whatever, not even responding my message about cancelation. Minutes later! 

How on earth I could buy an item on Ebay while my phone is in my pocket? 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣

Was I hacked? 😒

latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Weirdest purchase ever!

When it arrives, open a return. The seller will pay for shipping both ways for not responding to you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Weirdest purchase ever!

When it arrives, open a return. The seller will pay for shipping both ways for not responding to you.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

Was it an item you had looked at and received an offer for?  I've heard of this happening before with that circumstance.  

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

HI!

I am so sorry what happened to you.   I got to tell you though I was laughing so hard as I was reading what happened to you. My Lovely Husband kindof did something like that. He was chipping wood & his phone was on he made a FB story with the chipper sounds. It is 1AM here I never laughed so hard that late at night😊

Good luck hope all works out for you🍀🤞

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

"Butt purchase".

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

We do the storage unit thing and hit a 5x15 backed with Blu-ray, dvds..ect over 9000 in all..

So we started moving them on here woke up one day with a item shipped notification for a slip cover, we absolutely did not need after hitting another unit with 6 XL uhaul boxes stuffed with more disc's, buyer shipped to late customer service said just reject it,  and that is why the refund was denied.. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

I bought a muscle car once on a butt-purchase. 

I was in the garage packing some items and my phone was in my pocket. It was hot outside and I somehow purchased a car for 26k. The seller called me right away to confirm the purchase.  I had not even looked at or searched for a car.  I had to apologize and the seller cancelled the order. He said my account must have been hacked.  I agreed and moved on without leaving my sweaty phone on my pocket any longer. 

Posting ID
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

Who's going to hack an account and purchase a blueray in your name to be shipped to you?

They have nothing to gain.

I vote for the butt-purchase.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

I never but brought anything but I did accidently call 911 once.  Came home from a Friday night fish fry and took my pants off , threw them up on the footstool, put my feet on top and was playing on the computer checking my auctions here and  we get a loud bang at the door.  Wife opened it and a cop was there making sure everything was okay. According to the dispatcher, she thought it wasn't important because she could here us talking normally. that is when I found out you don't need to call 911 anymore, just hold the 9 key in and it will automatically call 911.  I had the new phone not even a week, always had a flip phone before so I learned you had to be more careful with these newer phones, just can't toss them wherever.  

My 1 uncle but called me once.  then I had a good friend send me a few texts that was meant for his girlfriend(wife now). That was ackward at first until I realize it wasn't for me. Apparently my name was next to hers and he kept hitting mine to send to.  

So far, luckily I haven't brought anything by me sitting on it and rolling my cheeks.   🙂

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

No, you were not hacked. You did not turn your phone off and you "booty bought" something with your phone.

The real question is, what response would you have as a seller if you had a sale and a buyer gave you the same story and wanted to cancel a purchase?

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

An investigator for Worker's Comp once told me:  "I've never seen an accident yet, in 15 years of doing this.  All I've ever seen is careless behavior of one sort or another."

If I were looking at maybe $10 with shipping for something I could resell to recoup some or all of that, and I'd learned a good lesson about handling my phone differently, I'd just accept delivery of the thing. 

-

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

Unless the seller has free returns, what return reason would you pick that would require the seller to pay return shipping?

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

The same thing happened to my brother when he butt bought something in his watch list. He just went through with the purchase. He didn't think the seller would believe his story. He said he wouldn't if someone told him. 

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

@escuintla 

Lol! So your a pocket picker eh?

Good thing you didn't order pickles!

is it something you can resell?

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Weirdest purchase ever!

As a seller, I have to obey the commands of my buyers. If they email me instantly telling me the dog made their purchase and want to cancel, I will cancel their order. That simple, unless I want to earn me a negative. 

If we as sellers are not responding valid questions from our buyers, we deserve not to be selling anything on Ebay. Period! 

latest reply