cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird offer on my item - scam?

Trying to sell my iMac. Already had someone try to scam me on Saturday, was a more obvious one.

This time someone with a fresh 0 feedback account sent me an offer (at exact price of the item, not lower or higher), and asked to send him my PayPal email through PayPal invoice, or text him to what looks like a US phone number, because he wants to ship to his US address (account is out of Spain). His email is very generic too, something like johnsmith@gmail.com

This is a scam right? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

This is a scam right? 

------------------------------

Yes.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Most definitely, yes!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@dtimur87 wrote:

Trying to sell my iMac. Already had someone try to scam me on Saturday, was a more obvious one.

This time someone with a fresh 0 feedback account sent me an offer (at exact price of the item, not lower or higher), and asked to send him my PayPal email through PayPal invoice, or text him to what looks like a US phone number, because he wants to ship to his US address (account is out of Spain). His email is very generic too, something like johnsmith@gmail.com

This is a scam right? 

SCAM

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes it is. You are being bamboozled

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

OP, 

If the first sentence of any thread here contains "Trying to sell my iMac" and "scam", the answer is always yes.  

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Scam.

You send the invoice and get an official looking email, saying it is from PayPal,  and that the money is there (it isn't), waiting for you to upload tracking once the item has been shipped.  99.99% scam.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@dtimur87 wrote:

This is a scam right? 

Yes, it definitely is. The "weird" offer you received is

a common tactic used by scammers.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@dtimur87 wrote:

This is a scam right? 

Of course. The bottom line here is that you are not going to be able to sell that iMac here. You have only a 69 feedback and its all for buying and none for selling. Unfortunately that marks you as fresh meat and the scammers will be falling all over each other to score that off of you. That is about the most scammed item on Ebay. Sell it only by Local pickup for cash.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Not true he has sold 4 items and 3 of them are over $275.00
Message 10 of 10
latest reply