cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird ? eBay sold my item for the opening bid amount.

I listed an item to go to auction for 130.00 or buy it now for 190.00

Someone placed an opening bid and for some reason eBay sold it to them for that opening price. 

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Weird ? eBay sold my item for the opening bid amount.

@soh.maryl wrote:

So the one sold yesterday for $190 is the same one sold today for $130?

Did you forget to cancel the sold one from yesterday? ....  

OP has sold several sets which all seem to be different.

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Ok, thanks to all who chimed in. I do appreciate it. 

Yes, I sold a similar but not the same items to the same ebay customer yesterday. Different listing. 

I am not new to selling. I would know if I ended the listing early because it was sold. The listing was supposed to go have two options. Auction or buy it now. Not place an opening bid and be able to pay for it before the auction ended. 

I am going to just let this go guys and gals. It seems confusing to me and other members tryng to help. 

Will relist tomorrow simply as a buy it now 🙂

Thanks all 🙂

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

Got any ideas about the one item that sold yesterday and again today?  

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Got any ideas about the one item that sold yesterday and again today?  

Yes. They are 2 different listings with 2 different sets of items. Completely unrelated.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 34 of 38
latest reply

@georgei3126 wrote:

I am not new to selling. I would know if I ended the listing early because it was sold.

Yeah, I'm going to trust you on that. Most experienced sellers would know clearly if they ended a listing and sold to the highest bidder. There are a couple screens to click through.

If a seller thought there was a remote possibility they did this by accident all they'd have to do is look at their browser history back to the timestamp when the listing ended and see if they have any end listing URLs in there.

But like I said, you know you didn't end the listing. It was auction format sold within a very short time period at the opening bid price, not the higher buy it now price. So something is off. Some kind of system glitch? Who knows? Can either report to CS or forget about it and move on. But if it happens again let us know.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 35 of 38
latest reply

Honestly, it looks like the buyer's opening bid may have triggered the end of the auction - the 2 min discrepancy being a system lag for processing. Some kind of glitch.

Without more info that's my best guess. Unless more examples crop up, it's likely we'll never know. Perhaps one of those random one-off anomalies.

GLORIOUS!

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

Seller error vs. glitch.

It's anyone's guess.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 37 of 38
latest reply

@georgei3126 wrote:

The only action I took was canceling the order after he was able to pay.

This is the part that is confusing. You say you cancelled the order and Ebay also agrees you cancelled the order.

Message 38 of 38
latest reply