cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Message. Scam? Phishing?

I got a message yesterday from ehvww-99.
This is a new user as of yesterday, location Ukraine.
The message:

I've∙found∙your∙store∙webpage∙rushcomics.

∙∙∙Great∙job∙and∙products!∙I'm∙about∙to∙post∙your∙product∙Web∙of∙Spider-man∙9∙FN/VF∙Dec∙1985∙black∙suit∙death∙Fred∙Hopkins∙Geof∙Isherwood∙and∙do∙SEO,∙listings,∙boost∙sales,∙listing∙description∙that∙sells,∙edit∙and∙design∙images∙for∙your∙products.Check∙out∙the∙link∙in∙attached∙picture.Best∙regards

I'm not clicking on anything!  This smells like a scam to me!
The image he wants me to click on shows an image about ecommerce. If I hover over the image, the link is a rover (dot) ebay link. But no way am I clicking on something that might put a virus in my computer or start a phishing attempt!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Weird Message. Scam? Phishing?

Send it to spoof@ebay.com.  Just forward it to them so they have the header information and everything.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've been getting those for a month or two now.

It's phishing/spam/ garbage.

Just delete it after reporting it to spoof@eBay.com

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Strange-ebay-message-SCAM/td-p/29915562/jump-to/first-unread-m...

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

(This is a copy/paste of a comment I posted in another thread.)

Another member has asked anyone who has received inappropriate messages via the eBay message system to copy/paste them in his/her thread for the eBay team to take a look at.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Reply-Re-Removal-of-Report-Button-from-eBay-Messages/m-p/29915...

S/he's trying to encourage the return of the "report" button on eBay messages in order to report stuff like this.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply