cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Chat - Pre-registered questions

Is anyone aware of eBay allowing pre-resistered questions yet on the Weekly Chat.  I know it was requested but have not read or heard if it has been set up yet?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Weekly Chat - Pre-registered questions

"Soon".

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Is anyone aware of eBay allowing pre-resistered questions yet on the Weekly Chat.  I know it was requested but have not read or heard if it has been set up yet?

I did not hear that and did not know about it but it is a GREAT idea !

Hopefully it will cut down on all the blah blah timewasting from posters that just want someone to pay attention to them instead of getting answers for real questions.

Or the meltdowns. Hopefully it will stop the meltdowns. So cringe worthy.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 3 of 53
latest reply

@d-k_treasures

@d-k_treasures wrote:

"Soon".

Ahhhh, there's the answer I was looking for ... I see its a "quote" and therefore accurate and up to date, thank you.

Regards,
Message 4 of 53
latest reply

@kaykeecorp  wrote: I did not hear that and did not know about it but it is a GREAT idea !

Exactly!  It addresses the issue for folks who actually work during the day and are in all the other time zones. 

Regards,
Message 5 of 53
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@kaykeecorp  wrote: I did not hear that and did not know about it but it is a GREAT idea !

Exactly!  It addresses the issue for folks who actually work during the day and are in all the other time zones. 

You should know by now that you can't throw logic in the mix here.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

You should know by now that you can't throw logic in the mix here.

Lol lol lol

I'm already confuzzled by it

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 7 of 53
latest reply

I know it was requested, but I can't see how that would scale. I mean, if the idea caught on, you'd simply have a "pre-registered" queue with 300 questions in it (some more, ah, coherent and focused than others Smiley Wink), and then the Weekly Chat would open at 1:00 p.m. and do... what, exactly? There would presumably be posters waiting to post, just as before, so would they have to wait for their answers until the pending questions are fielded first? 

If the pending questions were visible to eBay staff in advance, so that they could work on the answers to them in advance, that would be great, but it would then beg the question of why we don't just have a Q&A with the staff going every day, instead of just one hour a week. 

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, but I'm just wondering how it's going to work out if it turns out to be a really really good idea.

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

My thought as well on the overload, but perhaps the blues would/could screen  pre-registered questions to limit those shown the general community interest rather than a deluge of nonsense. (not that there is an excess of that now, but there could be with a perchat set up)

My understanding is individual questions can be sent to be answered directly by those in the position to give official answers privately by using the direct community link, but I believe that mr_lincoin is looking at subjects of interest to a large portion of the board community.

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

I don't see how it could work.

They would have to hire writers and, pretty soon, it would become a series, with re-runs and a new season every 'Seller Update'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 53
latest reply

@a_c_green

@a_c_green wrote:

I know it was requested, but I can't see how that would scale. I mean, if the idea caught on, you'd simply have a "pre-registered" queue with 300 questions in it (some more, ah, coherent and focused than others Smiley Wink), and then the Weekly Chat would open at 1:00 p.m. and do... what, exactly? There would presumably be posters waiting to post, just as before, so would they have to wait for their answers until the pending questions are fielded first? 

If the pending questions were visible to eBay staff in advance, so that they could work on the answers to them in advance, that would be great, but it would then beg the question of why we don't just have a Q&A with the staff going every day, instead of just one hour a week. 

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, but I'm just wondering how it's going to work out if it turns out to be a really really good idea.

I understand and respect that post, however, they want our involvement, they'ave asked for it and they have set aside a 1 hour window each week, not at a convenient time, to address concerns.  Perhaps the Pre-registered "form" (for lack of a better term) would point to the fact that maybe they need a longer Chat or one at a more convenient time, etc.  

Regards,
Message 11 of 53
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

I made the request several times over the past few years.  The request I made was a simple way to submit a question ahead of time.  No answer would be expected until the regular chat was opened, so it is not an open ended chat session. 

They might be able to have answers ready for the pre questions and just upload all them at one time,  maybe even 10 minutes before the regular chat opens or something like that.  Even if they waited until the regular chat starts it can be preloaded and ready to submit at any time during the regular chat.

Not looking for anything fancy.  Just a simple way to participate during the designated time frame which is not a good one for east coast sellers.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

@mr_lincoln

I would like to see them have a daily ask ebay hour, 7 days a week.

They could stagger the hours, to fit those with different schedules.

Asking questions in advance is a good idea,

but dang, talk about a full inbox.

They would have to hire a person full time just reading the flood of questions.

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave, @goodluckselling

Excellent point on both posts ... nothing fancy, since we do NOT have this option yet it is only speculation on how it may or may not work.  I like the idea of a more frequent and regular one too, they could begin M-W-F with different times to cover more time zones.  If that's not enough coverage add days, if its too much back off.

Regards,
Message 14 of 53
latest reply

@mr_lincoln

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@sockmonkeydave, @goodluckselling

Excellent point on both posts ... nothing fancy, since we do NOT have this option yet it is only speculation on how it may or may not work.  I like the idea of a more frequent and regular one too, they could begin M-W-F with different times to cover more time zones.  If that's not enough coverage add days, if its too much back off.

Yes, that one hour a week goes by so fast, 

And it is in the middle of the week, on a work day.

I am sure they are leaving a lot of members out of the loop.

Message 15 of 53
latest reply