cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings.

So my listing doesn't show up in search results, unless the buyers clicks "VIEW ALL RESULTS". Can someone tell me why my listing isn't relevant?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings.

I looked at your list of items for sale and selected this text from the title of your listing "WOODSTOCK Figure 22005" and searched it with Ebay. Your item came up as the top result. I did the same thing with "Peanuts Woodstock Animated Halloween" and yours was first too.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

eBay does not explain what criteria it uses to determine relevancy.

The nearest I can find is this page about optimizing your listings for "Best Match":

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/optimising-listings-best-match?id=4166

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

From my experience, "relevant" results are the items for purchase that eBay prefers to show buyers. I don't believe eBay shares its selection criteria (algorithms)  with sellers (or buyers) so why listings are not relevant would be speculation without input from eBay. I would speculate "relevant" results would make eBay the most profit. I have seen low priced items when sorting by price removed as not being "relevant". I always view all results and scroll through results. I would think the buyer is the best judge of what is relevant.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Were you searching to try and find your own listings? If so then your listings could be "not relevant" as you would not be buying from your own listings.

To even guess at the answer one would have to know the exact search terms used and the buyers search and purchasing history.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

(eBay does not explain what criteria it uses to determine relevancy.

The nearest I can find is this page about optimizing your listings for "Best Match":)

They are not going to let the cat out of the bag but, they do brag about some of it.
eBay uses artificial intelligence to (customize) everyone search results.

eBay Typecasts Shoppers Using Technology

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/6/1561044175.html 

10 Ways eBay is Creating a More Personalized Shopping Experience

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/10-ways-ebay-is-creating-a-more-personalized-shopping-experienc... 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I wasn't trying to indicate that all my listings have this issue. I only looked at one in particular Item# 373597163136 which I searched as "american girl school accessories".  Thanks for the information.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@redlovetoshop 

>Can someone tell me why my listing isn't relevant?

I can't tell you why, but can suggest that paying for promoted listings may have something to do with it. You pay, your listings get a higher priority, You don't, they go to the bottom of the barrel. The higher percentage you pay, the nearer to the top your listings are displayed.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You are welcome -- good luck with your listings.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@redlovetoshop 

I just searched for that item - first by number and of course you get it.

Then I searched using your title - it came up in search.  When I searched again using a variant of your title, still came up, but way down the page.

Maybe go in and update item specifics, especially a few that are optional to help drive finding it in search?

Good luck!  Sometimes just tweeking it slightly helps!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Because they hired an out of country IT person decide what is relevant without knowing anything about what you or anyone else sells. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply