cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We may be hurting our own sales as normal is no longer normal...

We all set our selling preferences as we want them. Alot (including me) have it set to block all buyers with more than X number of unpaid items in X months. Mine was set on 2 unpaids in 6 months... and my block means they can't buy.

But we have to think beyond what we considered reasonable years ago. I had a someone write to me that they wanted to buy my items but they seemed to be blocked and couldn't even email me to ask me about it. They are a seller but do their buying on another account, a sensible precaution.  And, because of the covid crash of incoming money for some or all of us, they had a situation where they could not purchase some items they won on bid. 

I went into my preferences and changed it to NOT block any buyers for previous non-payment issues.

Jezz, I have my own buying account, and I've had one non-payment as my sales on this account crashed last spring and with no money I couldn't buy it. That seller kindly cancelled the sale for me, but in this time, you may well be killing what sales you can get if you have buyers blocked for previous non-payment of purchases from any sellers. 

Its the new normal. Many people have now had things they thought they could buy and then COVID hit... with that in mind, possibly some may want to rethink that kind of block on available buyers.  Just a consideration, folks. 

RIP my Kitty, my fur buddy; Gizmo. 4/9/19.
Seventeen years was not enough.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: We may be hurting our own sales as normal is no longer normal...

It is the rule to give some many days for a high bidder to pay for an auction, but how can so many purchase a BIN with an immediate payment requirement and not pay? I have one instance now were the buyer purchased 2 different listings of accompanying items. One was paid right away and the other is still awaiting payment. I'd like them to pay so that I can send them in 1 flat rate together and save about $5 in shipping costs. If not, I will have to send one item today just to satisfy my handling time.

Message 31 of 31
latest reply