cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We canceled a sale for your security, We had a concern with a buyer’s account!

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed. I couldn’t find a concrete answer for my situation. Buyer purchased my item worth $40 on Friday. But it hasn't  officially shipped out, i only bought the eBay postage label,  also received the funds today and was thinking of sending it out today. Should i still send it? I’m afraid the buyer will eventually file a charge back with their bank 

Thank you for your attention!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: We canceled a sale for your security, We had a concern with a buyer’s account!

if you mean ebay canceled the sale for security reasons then I wouldn't send it out, I'd contact CS first and find out why exactly they canceled the order. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Re: We canceled a sale for your security, We had a concern with a buyer’s account!

I have had  many sales canceled by ebay after I had been paid for the item in paypal

I always shipped if I had been paid,if you want the sale then ship it

some sellers look for reasons to cancel sales, not me. I want to keep the money from  the sale

my feelings are simple,I have been paid for the sale and I am going to ship

so someone else had  problems and now the buyer has been kicked to the curb

what about me and my sale is the way I always felt

not one of my paid sales has ever been undone after ebay got rid or the buyer or made them NARU

@dstyletique 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

If you received notification from eBay that they canceled the sale for you because of concern with the buyer then do not send the item. If eBay canceled it then it should no longer show up in your seller hub as awaiting shipment and the item should show up in you unsold listings. You can request a refund for the label which usually takes USPS about 3-4 weeks to process. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

eBay canceled a $1,800. Sale on me due to “suspicious buyer”

I later found out person was crooked, dangerous wacko nutjob with criminal intentions.

After completely refunded by PayPal they made a claim with PayPal that I neglected to send them their merchandise.  After that claim was resolved (in my favor of course after again being refunded) they then made a different claim with their credit card that they paid but never received their merchandise.  More problems for me again had to be resolved!

They even got my phone number and called me about “their” item!

Listen to ebay…

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Don't ship. If the item was cancelled by Ebay, did they send back the money.  I bet that the credit card is stolen. DO NOT GIVE THE SCAMMER A FREE ITEM!   Make sure that ebay credited back the fees.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I had the "We cancelled a sale for your safety" message on an item for the first time. No payment was sent and I haven't shipped it, thankfully. But the message says "If your listing has ended, you can relist your item." However, I cannot relist. The item shows in my "Sold" page as "Waiting for payment" so it is not illegible for relisting according to the page.

If Ebay cancelled the sale and has removed the buyers account, why do I have to wait the full four days or so to start the sale cancellation and relisting process? Why not actually cancel the process so I can relist right away? It's very confusing. Any advice?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

On the good side at least eBay appears to be starting to monitor some of the buyers the same way they have monitored the sellers for years. On the down side at the present time when you cancel an order there is no option for "eBay canceled it". As others advised I would not ship the item and start the process to get refunded for the shipping label. 

If you are not going to ship the item you can simply do a sell similar to get it relisted. You may want to utilize the facebook connection to eBay to find out how, or if, you need to take some action to cancel the current order or if eBay will clean that up. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

On the good side at least eBay appears to be starting to monitor some of the buyers the same way they have monitored the sellers for years. On the down side at the present time when you cancel an order there is no option for "eBay canceled it". As others advised I would not ship the item and start the process to get refunded for the shipping label. 

If you are not going to ship the item you can simply do a sell similar to get it relisted. You may want to utilize the facebook connection to eBay to find out how, or if, you need to take some action to cancel the current order or if eBay will clean that up. 

Unlikely. This is because it was a brand new account would be my guess.. just an automated response. I had this happen a few years back with a chinese buyer, he was 100% legitimate.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Over the years I had a few of these sales cancelled like this. After verifying the payment actually went through, I shipped the buyer their item and never had a problem.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I too had the same message from ebay on an item that was already paid for...shipped and delivered! Strange.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

Unlikely. This is because it was a brand new account would be my guess.. just an automated response. I had this happen a few years back with a chinese buyer, he was 100% legitimate.

Just when you think eBay may actually be taking a look at potential scammers or sketchy buyers it comes down to simply another glitch in their software. I guess it just depends on the sellers level or risk tolerance as to whether they decide to ship it. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply