cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste of time...

Selling on here has become a pain in the A$$ and not gonna waste my time worrying about what can be listed and can't be listed, and "Big Brother" watching every little move that's made. Ebay used to be fun and had a great time since 2000 until now. I have to buy things on here every so often, but my selling days are over with as of this weekend. By the way Ebay, can I sell a Fossilized Dinosaur Egg on here? or do I have to have permission from the Dinosaur to sell it? It's been fun, it's been real, but it's a pain in my "nether region" now to deal with selling things... Have a nice day !!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Waste of time...

@scuby109 wrote:

I have to buy things on here every so often, but my selling days are over with as of this weekend.

Okay. Bye!

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

Do you have papers for all of those EXPENSIVE artifacts? How do we know that they are real?

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

@heckofagame wrote:

Do you have papers for all of those EXPENSIVE artifacts? How do we know that they are real?

Did you ask all the other sellers who also have them listed, if they have papers too? Your response was pretty darn snarky. 

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

The other sellers are not having a fit in these forums. When they do, I will ask. 

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

I hope you don't leave before I have a chance to buy your $25K Disney Dumbo VHS tape.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

@hartungcards 

Sorry but that is gonna be mine!! 😁

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

I'll let you have the $50K Beauty and the Beast tape.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

Props for the free shipping on the $75K emerald, though.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
#NoKing
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Props for the free shipping on the $75K emerald, though.

And it does at least seem to have paperwork. I have no clue of the value of the thing though.

As for the tapes, the most a DVS Disney VHS tape ever sold for was $60 and that was during peak pandemic money VHS grading days. However there is only one sale that high, and there are multiple big lots of the things for less than that in the past 3 years.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

@scuby109 wrote:

Selling on here has become a pain in the A$$ and not gonna waste my time worrying about what can be listed and can't be listed, and "Big Brother" watching every little move that's made. Ebay used to be fun and had a great time since 2000 until now. I have to buy things on here every so often, but my selling days are over with as of this weekend. By the way Ebay, can I sell a Fossilized Dinosaur Egg on here? or do I have to have permission from the Dinosaur to sell it? It's been fun, it's been real, but it's a pain in my "nether region" now to deal with selling things... Have a nice day !!

Thank you for the information.

I will take the appropriate action.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

You may have better luck selling the $25K Disney Dumbo VHS tape if you offered free shipping.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

Cool. It's never been a pain for myself. Super easy, have my own schedule, no boss, work no more than 25 hours a week and make more than the average full time income. Took me 5 years of work to get their but it was all worth it. Now able to convert my eBay money into other business ventures and it's been great.

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

@heckofagame wrote:

The other sellers are not having a fit in these forums. When they do, I will ask. 

Bottom line is a whole lot of good folks and good sellers getting or may get caught up in the third party reseller .vs. various powers that be escalations.  Yet the finger pointing seems always be towards eBay who is simply providing a venue and trying keep it safe and alive whilst some folks on all sides of the schtick are causal knowingly or not at times for said escalations.

Aka: Sony and Best Buy are ghastly greedy corporate monsters wanting retailers and consumers pleased with they're new console gaming system at an price of $399.  Whereby Sony does what manufacturers do and Best Buy serves the public like retailers do.  The fact that when that system releases I snarf every one up I can possibly find and charge $1000 for it because everyone wants one for their family doesn't make me greedy.  Uh uh.  The fact that Best Buy and Sony customers are upset having to pay me $1000 is just supply and demand right?  I supply and I demand.

The fact I'm buying those system's from Best Buy and Game Stop and selling for $1000 via Mamazon who can't keep them in stock due to demand at $399... Well, that has ABSOLUTELY nothing do to with me and the other 1400 resellers taking from those resellers and tipping the buyers to Mamazon.  However, had Mamazon sent its employees over the Best Buy and Game Stop to buy up every system that comes in to resell at Amazon State Attorney Generals would be like glue on Amazon enforcing predatory business conduct law.  The fact that Amazon's commission at 15% of that $1000 of $150 per system is more than Amazon via its own $399 sales make on four systems is completely immaterial to my universe.  And well, my universe is my universe even if it happen to profiteer and gouge inside their universes.

Ain't I awesome?!?!?!

the More-ALE(!) of the story is sellers either create an adversarial environment with those who actually are licensed and make for economies and jobs to live or they sell responsibly realizing what they do can be adverse to others.  Every good seller howl about counterfeits being ever so bad (which they are!) and how that impacts consumers spending, the trust.  Yell how buyers take advantage of sellers trust.  But when it come to irresponsible conducts that advance their wallet, well... Is it dinner time yet?

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

Waste of time...

@laststopgeneralstore wrote:

Cool. It's never been a pain for myself. Super easy, have my own schedule, no boss, work no more than 25 hours a week and make more than the average full time income. Took me 5 years of work to get their but it was all worth it. Now able to convert my eBay money into other business ventures and it's been great.

Thats it!  We're all moving in with you!  Congratulations!  I hope you more than one bath?  LOL!!!!

Message 15 of 33
latest reply