cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume pricing for single item listings and ebays lack of transparency on the matter.

Here i have  been for a couple years wondering why nobody ever buys more than one item from me only to find it diesnt apply to your store only to the specific listing. its disgusting, you cant even find that information even when you know to look for it. im lit.  so much business i have lost because of  the poor design of the platform. some pull down menus you hover others you have to click and on some if you click them it refreshes the page.  somebody seriously needs some adderall.  so how do i give discounts with single item listings over my store in general?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Volume pricing for single item listings and ebays lack of transparency on the matter.

:... im lit.."

that might explain it....

I honestly can not decipher what you are asking.....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Anyone can buy as many things as they want from you. All they do is like any other selling website on the planet. Put the items in the cart then pay. Easy peasy.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

:... im lit.."

that might explain it....

I honestly can not decipher what you are asking.....

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Don't understand how you lost so much business?

If a buyer wants an item bad enough, they'll buy it.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Trust me, if someone wants a 'volume discount' for buying more than item they won't be shy about sending you a message about it.

Volume discount is working the way it's intended which is a discount for buying more than one of a particular item.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Volume discount or not, the customer can easily enter the quantity he/she  wants.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Here's an explanation of the various ways to offer various "specials".......right in the help files with a keyword search on Volume pricing:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/promotions-manager?id=4094&st=3&pos=2&query=Promotio...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

It's really simple Mr. Lit, volume pricing applies to multi-quantity listings(more than 1). If you want buyers to purchase multiple items from your store, you create a coupon, public or private. There is every option available as far as discounting goes. eBay has made sure to give us every tool to lose money.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

You might have lost sales because of the way you have your shipping set up.  When a buyer looks at items in the search view, they only see the shipping service that you entered first. The only time they will see the other options if they click on the shipping tab within your listing.  Some of your listing list Priority as the first option and first class as the second option. That means that potential buyers are seeing $11+ for shipping rather than $5+.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

i do not understand what is so complicated about " volume pricing " you know where you do 5 - 10 - 15 percent off for buying more than one item..... everybody following along ? i can be a smart ass too. it doe3s not apply to single item listings; if i have a soccer ball listed and another listing for golf clubs and (that is 2 separate listings) .  Now say somebody comes along to buy golf clubs and a soccer ball, the volume pricing has nothing to do with those two items because it only applies to single listings of multiple items like if i had 100 soccer balls on a listing.  if you have nothing intelligent to say don't waste my time, talking to me like im stupid because you don't understand rather than asking for clarification is absolutely narcissistic and pointless.  Ok rockstar, easy peasy.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

ok then please explain to me why none of my listings in which i have applied volume pricing , actually declare a discount to the buyer/

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

so you dont understand how people might want to save money and not pay the insane postage of say 15 dollars for a pair of jeans?  are we on the same planet with the concept of discounts? why so many people respond with absolutely nothing of value to say I will never understand.  Nothing better to do ?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

wouldnt ya know, been there done that.. thanks for the non answer.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

well thank you so much. isnt that a whole lot of extra **bleep** to have to go through and keep up with in order to offer discounts between specific different itrems? and what isnt so simple is there is no explanation of that anywhere.  no place does it say " volume discounts only work per multi item listing" or anything similar to that which communicates the fact that all the times ive been selecting volume discoount for didnt offer any discount to anybody at all.. yet here i am wondering whats going on with my volume pricing and whyy in 2 years have i not had a single multi item sale?>   and im not Lit ithat wasnt even my comment. Mr. Its really simple. dont sue me if i misgendered you. ,

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

How do you get a volume  discount on listings that are for OOAK.  It looks to me you are giving a discount  by offering  OBO on your  listing and your buyers are receiving a discount.

Sold on  eBay for over over 11 years, sold 1665 items.  Can count on three  fingers of the multiple qty purchase of my OOAK offerings.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 15 of 17
latest reply