cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation settings

I understand the Vacation setting is only for ebay stores but why can't us non store sellers have that option too. If it's about money I would pay a small fee for that option so my items stay active or basically viewable so buyers know that I am still around.

Why wouldn't ebay have that option available?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Vacation settings

@aristo1977 wrote:

I understand the Vacation setting is only for ebay stores but why can't us non store sellers have that option too. If it's about money I would pay a small fee for that option so my items stay active or basically viewable so buyers know that I am still around.

Why wouldn't ebay have that option available

Starter Store = $4.95/Month for a Yearly Renewal

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-fees/store-fees?id=4122

For $7.95 , you can go month-to-month.  Open the store for a month, put your store on vacation and close the store the next month

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Vacation settings

You have option B. Set your handling time on all items to how long you will be gone. You can now enjoy your vacation.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Vacation settings

It is not all that it is cracked up to be. If I set my store to 'vacation' and don't hide my listings and a buyer comes along and makes a purchase unless I stick to my handling time then I'm receiving a late shipping defect. Being on vacation I don't see how I could possibly ship but Ebay seems to think you don't ever deserve a vacation or should have people available to ship for you I suppose. If I bump my handling time then that is essentially the same thing you can do, only difference is my listings will display a banner stating seller is on vacation whereas yours will not. You could always place something in your description about being on vacation.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Vacation settings

And if you DO hide your listings then you can have your vacation without concerns, and without changing your handling time.

OP, having vacation settings is a perk of having a store.  Otherwise, just take your listings down.  You were given instructions above for a workaround but to me, that is cheating.  But it's not against the rules.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Vacation settings

@automotivepartsrecyclrs wrote:

You have option B. Set your handling time on all items to how long you will be gone. You can now enjoy your vacation.

Handling time change is fine to keep from getting a ding from eBay, but today's buyer may still be thinking that if they buy something, it should ship, as reading what a listing says is not a requirement.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Vacation settings

@aristo1977 wrote:

If it's about money I would pay a small fee for that option

Why wouldn't ebay have that option available?

Because eBay wants you to pay a bigger fee.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply