cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation Mode

I will be leaving town, and someone suggested that I put my store on vacation mode.  

Can I still post while on vacation mode from somewhere else?

Can I break it up if I can get someone to ship for me?  I will be gone for a week in a half and if I vacation mode every three days so someone can ship for me when they are off, will that work.  I do not want to miss out on or hurt what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks for any advice

Cathy

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Vacation Mode

If you expect to be able to get your items shipped. then you should just revise your handling time and don't use the 'Time away" option at all.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

In my humble opinion.  If you are going to go on vacations, just go on vacations.  Having said that, you can start and end time away any time that you need to use it.  

Some issues that can come up, having some one else ship your items.  The person shipping your items, can send the wrong items.  The items can arrive damage.  I see that you have a lot of items that can break very easy.  

Enjoy your vacations.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@gallery33interiors wrote:

I will be leaving town, and someone suggested that I put my store on vacation mode.  

Can I still post while on vacation mode from somewhere else?

Can I break it up if I can get someone to ship for me?  I will be gone for a week in a half and if I vacation mode every three days so someone can ship for me when they are off, will that work.  I do not want to miss out on or hurt what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks for any advice

Cathy

As suggested upthread @gallery33interiors you can extend your handling time, but you can also use the time away setting and allow sales. Set time away for the full length you'll be gone. Just because you don't have to ship until time away ends, does not mean you can't ship sooner. So if you have someone to help you with shipments every few days, go ahead and ship while on time away mode. Just make sure those shipments are going out from your regular zip code / shipping zone. Don't ship from your vacation spot because that can flag your account for drop shipping.

General info below:

Here's the page about Time Away settings:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/time-away?id=5137

If you allow sales while away, make sure you read all the exclusions carefully.

Plan to have any auctions or offers end a week before you leave. eBay's working on an auto-pay offer feature, but it's still in testing phase, not yet rolled out site wide.

There's an option to set up an out of office auto-response within the Time Away settings.

Keep in mind you're still responsible for handling any return requests, claims or payment disputes that are filed while you're away. If you won't have internet access to check in every day or two, I suggest setting up automated return rules. You can turn off the automation after you return.

https://www.ebay.com/rtn/Return/SellerRules

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When I go away, I always put my store on vacation.  I do allow customers to make purchases and I mail them out when I return.  I don't like to ask anyone to ship for me as I want to make sure it is packaged the same way I ship my other orders.  Therefore, when I return they all get shipped immediately and every buyer has been great with the wait time.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply