cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade? It was not possible to generate the label. We could not book a collection ... carrier

I'm trying to book Royal Mail pickup and 48 hour small parcel delivery (Now called 'shoe box' sized). 

It stopped working after the eBay 'upgrade' integrating Evri, DPD, Yodel into the delivery options list.  

The previous system worked fine for 12+ months.

Now I'm repeatedly getting the following message when trying to book a collection:

"It was not possible to generate the label. We could not book a collection with the carrier. Please try again later."

I've tried again later.

I don't want to pay more or use another courier. 

I do want collection tomorrow -  I offer 1 day dispatch.

Is this an eBay fault or an RM fault?  .... eBay have made the only changes visible to me ...

When will this be fixed?  Permanently?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrade? It was not possible to generate the label. We could not book a collection ... carrier

Hi, You're on ebay.com, which is the US site. You need to go to

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Upgrade? It was not possible to generate the label. We could not book a collection ... carrier

I’m sorry but you’ve wandered into eBay.com USA where we are not familiar with the sort of shipping services you speak of. Perhaps you would get better answers in the community forum on eBay.co.uk. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi, You're on ebay.com, which is the US site. You need to go to

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Many thanks eBooksDiva and Nobody*s_Perfect,

All I did was follow the suggested link from an ebay.co.uk page, so assumed eBay would send me to the right forum - Assuming compentence in others?  Obviously a big mistake!  🙂

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

All I did was follow the suggested link from an ebay.co.uk page

@jimmysrnrnr 

We know.  No worries.  Maybe eBay will get around to fixing that link in the next few years or so.  Hope you find the information you need! 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply