cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbiased Opinions Please!

I realize that I have asked this question/questions before but I have done some updating to my listings and I would like to get some opinions on what you think. Can you give me some feedback on what background you think is best (there are a few different ones) that I am currently using? I would also like to know what you think of the actual pictures themselves? Is zooming in better or leaving them alone? Are they fuzzy/not clear enough? What about having a colorful/picture background or should I leave it plain/solid color? What is better...to have free shipping or add the cost of shipping into the item? I have done both...raised my prices of the item with free shipping and lowered the price of the item with added shipping. This past month or so has been VERY slow in sales volume! I am adding more pins etc but I have never had the poor turnaround that I have had this past month or so!

Also, has anyone had this happen to them? Let's say I have a pin listed for $10 inc. shipping and another seller has the exact same pin listed for $15 not inc. shipping yet they sell their pin! Do buyers not try and get the best deal? This has happened to me SEVERAL times! I have tried to raise my prices only to have sellers that are selling their pins for less sell theirs instead! I can't see to win!

Does eBay hide listings? That is the only thing I can think of that would make my sales so slow! I have 100% feedback with 1261 ratings. I just received a neutral feedback even though I offered the buyer a complete refund. They said they would talk to their daughter and see if she wanted to keep the item anyway and then I never heard back from them. Only to get a neutral! Thank God it wasn't a negative but still! Thanks for any help you are willing to give me and your time!!!

Mike

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Unbiased Opinions Please!

It sure is upsetting when other sellers seem to be doing so well while I just sit by with no sales. I could understand if they were selling things that were completely different than what I am selling but most of the time I am selling the EXACT same pin etc. I hope your sales and mine pick up...I had such high hopes when I upgraded to getting a store. Now I am wondering if it is even worth it!
Message 16 of 66
latest reply

Hi Mike,

For the most part your pictures look good.

Clean and crisp,  but there are a few that could use a different background, to pop.

one was out of focus, but for the most part not bad.

As far as ebay hiding listings, I don't think so.

But if there are a million listings for the same item, they do shuffle listings.

In general, summer is slow for all of us.

Message 17 of 66
latest reply

@mydisneypins3 wrote:
I guess there might be those that think that but I am not doing that. I am just trying to find out what is going on with my sales being so slow and get an honest opinion on how to improve my listings. I am not a business or high end dealer. I am only me trying to get a little extra money to pay the bills etc. People are going to think what they want. Thank you for your opinion. I hope to hear back from you soon. 🙂

Mike

Mike, 

Since the community is a peer to peer place to get information and tips about your selling on eBay.  Kudos to working on that aspect.  

Message 18 of 66
latest reply

That is SO wrong of them to not show our items! Sellers are the ones that are bringing buyers and their money to eBay in the first place! Why are they punishing the ones that fill their pockets!? I have also noticed something is that when I have sold an item that it doesn't even show up in sold items. It is like the item disappeared!

Mike
Message 19 of 66
latest reply

PS: even though your backgrounds are nice, I prefer solid color backgrounds. sometimes the backgound pictures can take away from the item itself. But that is only my opinion.

Do a Google search for: Ebay cassini search tips

Message 20 of 66
latest reply

I know how you feel - but some sellers have followers, not only here, but most online selling platforms.  It may take awhile, but over time, if you stick to it, your sales will pick up.  

Message 21 of 66
latest reply

I am not trying to promote my store. I wasn't even thinking of my store when I posted my question. I am new to being a store owner and don't even know all of the benefits of having a store yet beside getting 250 listings each month. The reason I asked this question again is because I have changed a lot of my listings and wanted a new perspective that's all.
Message 22 of 66
latest reply

I know...my items are in an ocean of other listings. It is just I have never had such a slow 4-6 weeks of listings. I know that certain sellers have a following and I am hoping one day to have that but for now I guess I just have to be happy with any sales.

Mike
Message 23 of 66
latest reply

If I was promoting my store wouldn't I mention my store in my listings as well? I am not trying to promote anything. All I am trying to do is figure out what I may be doing wrong and get some help on how to improve. Anyone would like help with that wouldn't they?
Message 24 of 66
latest reply

@jcscollectibles1928

There are some here who think when a person ask for help.

They are just trying to get views on their items.

I say bull feathers.

Doing photography, and making good titles and discriptions is hard work.

It helps to have new eyes look at your listings.

Message 25 of 66
latest reply

@mydisneypins3 wrote:
I am not trying to promote my store. I wasn't even thinking of my store when I posted my question. I am new to being a store owner and don't even know all of the benefits of having a store yet beside getting 250 listings each month. The reason I asked this question again is because I have changed a lot of my listings and wanted a new perspective that's all.

While I'll take your word for your not trying to promote your store, the fact is that threads such as this require responders to view the listings in order to give a response.  This, of course, results in driving traffic to your active listings.

Personally, I feel that, if you desire advice on how your product photographs look, that you post photos here on the boards rather than direct people to view your store's active listings. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 26 of 66
latest reply

It never occurred to me that you were asking the question upin order to promote your store.

i have to agree with the posters that prefer a white or light background so that the product stands out.   I don't care for the pictures with the  'scenic' backgrounds and they don't seem to stand out in search.

Message 27 of 66
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@jcscollectibles1928

There are some here who think when a person ask for help.

They are just trying to get views on their items.

I say bull feathers.

Doing photography, and making good titles and discriptions is hard work.

It helps to have new eyes look at your listings.

I'm with Dave...."Bullfeathers".... I love it.....lol. laughing

Message 28 of 66
latest reply

Your pictures are overall very clear (just a few fuzzy but not enough to make me run away).  Not sure I'm in love with the large background shots for the princess pins.  It's sorta neat, but the pin is a bit lost.

I think in a market with such strong competition, duration may be a factor.   I have my search set to Ending Soonest as the default, so I would only see your pins once in 30 days.  Sometimes I'll search by Newly Listed too - again only once in 30 days.

I don't know what store level subscription you have, but if you have enough free listings to experiment with, try some shorter durations.    Also, maybe run some 5 or 7 day auctions to get some exposure too.   Do you have any you're willing to let go real cheap?  It could get them in your store and result in multiple purchases.

I smiled when I saw Si & Am, but there is no mention of Lady & the Tramp.  Could that be a factor in how a buyer searches?  Many of the "Solds" do have L&T in the title.

How are you shipping for 99 cents?

Message 29 of 66
latest reply

I don't care even if you are promoting your store, but I believe you are sincere in wanting honest input regarding your listings. The items photographed against solid backgrounds are good. Even against the blue, which I'd usually advise against. These photos pop and focus is on the item, as desired. The pictorial backgrounds are a huge distraction, drawing focus away from the item you're selling. Lose those. They're a hot mess and make your listings containing them appear amateurish and unprofessional. (And don't look at my photos, cuz they are also a hot mess! I know the look I want, but haven't worked out how to achieve it consistently yet. LOL 😱😄)

There are actually some great online tutorials about how to take photos for eBay listings. You just have to do a search. Good luck with everything! Your desire to improve your store is commendable and will undoubtedly pay off eventually. It also motivates me to get busy.

That said, I'm gonna get off these boards and get busy listing!

Belle
Message 30 of 66
latest reply