cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view a Buyer's feedback

I received an offer on an item I had listed and accepted. Before shipping, however, I decided to do some due diligence since it isn't necessarily a cheap item $200+ and come to find that my buyer is showing 2,685 supposedly positive reviews in the past 12 months, but when I go to click on the reviews, all I see is a message stating 'No feedback found'. 

Is this common for other sellers out there?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Could it be the buyer has feedback listed as "private"?

I always complete the due diligence before accepting the offer. Occasionally,  a buyer making an offer finds their way to the buyer blocked list and I don't bother responding to the offer in any way.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Interesting, I actually wasn't aware that someone could make their feedback private - that is very good to know! Had never come across that before, so never thought to look into it.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

All I can say is if someone is making their feedback private, they are hiding something. 

I will not buy or sell to a person who hides their feedback profile. 

If you decide to ship, at least ship with signature required. Don't even tell them and see what happens. Odds are, you will get the item back in about 4 to 5 weeks. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

All I can say is if someone is making their feedback private, they are hiding something. 

If you decide to ship, at least ship with signature required. Don't even tell them and see what happens. Odds are, you will get the item back in about 4 to 5 weeks. 

Really? There are many posts such as yours that appear time to time. 

There are, in fact, many reasons for a Buyer to have his Feedback private. Many of the reasons  that Sellers post may be true for the Scammers but are never remotely correct for the good Buyers.

Yes, it's actually quite true, a Buyer CAN be a good Buyer AND have private feedback as well.

For example, I have made nearly 1200 purchases on ebay. I have paid for EVERY transaction  within ten minutes. I have always left positive Feedback for my purchases that any merchant would be honored to receive. I think I have only left two negs in my entire time as a member (since 2011). Both times the Seller never shipped if I recall correctly. It has been quite awhile.

I won't go into the many justifiable reasons why a Buyer should make his Feedback private here as I don't hide behind a posting ID and do not wish to spoil things for other Buyers trying to remain private.

I guess the point of this post was to call you out and say you are wrong. Not every private person has something BAD to hide....

And please do add my ID to your BBL list... it's your loss not mine but it does keep me from doing any business with you in the future which is a-ok

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Before you come to the conclusion that the buyer is hiding something, be sure that the problem is not simply one bad link or a problem on eBay's end.

Try using a desktop browser to go to the buyer's profile page, and see if you can reach the feedback page from there.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

If a buyer with private feedback buys an item from me there's not a lot I can do that won't put me on eBay's naughty step.

But if a buyer with private feedback submits an offer, that gets a big fat no from me.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

That's not true. 

I have private feedback and I'm hiding absolutely nothing! My PID is also my buying ID and occasionally my purchases are for resale. I don't want people (who connect the IDs) seeing my purchases and matching them with the listings I may sell on my other ID. 

Private feedback isn't necessarily hiding anything nefarious.

ETA: I wouldn't add s.c. just because a buyer has private feedback. I use s.c. if an item is $750+ because it's required at that pricepoint.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

If the sale is over $750 you have to use Signature Confirmation because Ebay requires it. But below that price point it gets you nothing more than what Delivery confirmation gives you for free. Plus it can seriously inconvenience a buyer.

Proving delivery is relatively easy for an Item not received dispute and SC makes no difference for that. A buyer who is hiding his problem past could spring a Not as described dispute on you but wasting money on a signature confirmation delivery that is not required is really not going to help any future issues.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Many buyers have private feedback because they regularly have to buy personal,hygiene items,nothing wrong with that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

My very best all time repeat buyer (hundreds of items bought over a period of several years) used multiple id's (red flag?), all their id's had private feedback (red flag?) yet they were a perfect customer that spent many thousands of dollars on my stuff.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I have noticed recently that the feedback doesn't come up on the first try. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Many buyers have private feedback because they regularly have to buy personal,hygiene items,nothing wrong with that.

While that may be true why would I care what they buy.

Anyway private feedback is now redundant as id's are hidden and items purchased are not shown.

So my opinion is they are, in the majority, hiding dodgy feedback and not their purchases.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Some Buyers may not want the world to know everything they buy so hide the feedback they have received from some sellers. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply