cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sell a high-price item over Ebay due to Seller Limit

I would like to sell a collector's item, vintage Camel rug by Auction from Turkey. We expect item to sell handmade item between $2.500 - $10.000 USD, as it's a centerpiece item of any tobacciana  collection.  I'm new to Ebay, sold st only once.  I realized that I can not do it due to Selling Limit issue. How do you sell st expensive at Ebay without waiting for many years to increase your limit? I would appreciate any suggestions...

Unfortunately, you're not currently eligible for a selling limit increase.You've only listed or sold 0 items of your 10 monthly limit. You can list or sell up to $500.00 more to reach your $500.00 monthly limit. If you're planning to increase your selling activity or list one or more higher value items, you'll need to contact an agent to provide additional details to increase your limits. 

Currently, you've listed or sold 0 items of your 10 monthly limit. You can list or sell up to $500.00 more to reach your $500.00 monthly limit.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Perhaps ebay is helping to save you from yourself.  As a new seller of an expensive and rare item, you would be a prime target for someone to attempt to scam you of your item.  Granted it isn't an expensive iphone or ipad or jewelry or watch, however anything that is rare, hard to find or of higher quality is generally fair game for scammers and there would be little protection for you.  A frequent 'mantra' on ebay is, 'if you can't afford to lose the item, and pay to do it, don't list it'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Is there any way you can sell the item locally? An auction house or something?

I would definitely not sell an item like that on ebay...

A scammer could receive that and say you sent them a dirty rug and then return his filthy car mat to you and keep the gorgeous rug.

Hate to sound paranoid but I agree with the above that being a new seller and selling a valuable item makes you a prime target for being cheated. ;(

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@fain7469 wrote:

How do you sell st expensive at Ebay without waiting for many years to increase your limit? I would appreciate any suggestions...

You don't.  That's like saying ... how do i become a Formula One race car driver before i even get my drivers license.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Plenty of other places you could sell it. Ebay selling limits are a joke.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Why not list some lower priced items so you can get your sales up?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

...eBay save your wallet from pick-pockets...better appreciate eBay...!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

There is no work-around for the new seller limits. If you want to sell on eBay, you must persevere through this probationary period. Since you are international, there are some additional things you may have to do to get your limits raised. But unless you sell something within the parameters of $500/10 items a month, it is unlikely your limits will be adequate to your needs. eBay wants you to prove yourself first. Like the other posters mentioned, eBay is doing you a favor. New sellers with high dollar items equal scam magnets. It is important to educate yourself on the ins and outs of selling on eBay. It is not easy or simple, but I wish you the very best and much success.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I would like to be a doctor .... without the HASSLE of going to medical school. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I am a seller of vintage closets, I sell them all over the world. Just not on Ebay, because of this ridiculous limit. So I just have to sell marbles or comic books or whatever, in order to do some serious business? Don't think so. Ebay has become a laughing stock. Not to be taken serious. nice for people who want to sell their old bicycle.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply