cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Technology

Most of you might know this, but for some reason I never connected the dots.  Never really had to deal with this kind of issue. I had a return being delivered today, I saw it had been delivered and went out to my box. No package!

I found the mail carrier close by (regular carrier was off today), and he said he didn't remember delivering a package to my address today. So, I went to the PO, she looked it up and saw it was delivered to the wrong address. I asked how she knew that. Well, when they scan on delivery the GPS picks up the location. I didn't know that was linked.  I see so many posts here with issues showing delivery confirmation and no package. Call the PO, and they can find out where it was delivered. Now the tricky part, getting the package back. She said the carrier would get it, and deliver to me. So, I hope that works out because either way I have to refund my customer.             

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

USPS Technology

Yeah, carrier retrieved my package from wrong address and delivered to me.  Even knocked on the door. grinning 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

USPS Technology

The GPS location helps, but only if they scan it at the location they drop it off.

I know some will scan a few packages at a time and some even scan them delivered before they even leave the post office.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

Please come back when the next seller posts about a lying buyer who claims they didn't get their package but tracking shows they did.

FYI - No all the scanners have the GPS capability....yet!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

@kensgiftshopwrote:

The GPS location helps, but only if they scan it at the location they drop it off.

I know some will scan a few packages at a time and some even scan them delivered before they even leave the post office.

I know, that's what she said. They have to scan at the time of delivery, otherwise no point.

This the reason for that technology, so they can locate a misdelivered packages. She said they are paying attention to this, and making sure they scan at delivery and not at the PO.    

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

Yeah, carrier retrieved my package from wrong address and delivered to me.  Even knocked on the door. grinning 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

@tweetystwadeswrote:

@kensgiftshopwrote:

I know, that's what she said. They have to scan at the time of delivery, otherwise no point.

This the reason for that technology, so they can locate a misdelivered packages. She said they are paying attention to this, and making sure they scan at delivery and not at the PO.    

The wages some of the postal carriers make, there is no reason for them not to do their job right.

You get some that say, they just don't have time to scan the packages like they are supposed to.

If they would quit talking to everyone on their route, they would have time to do their job the right way.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

@tweetystwadeswrote:

Thats good...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

@kensgiftshopwrote:

@tweetystwadeswrote:

@kensgiftshopwrote:

If they would quit talking to everyone on their route, they would have time to do their job the right way.

My regular carrier is usually on the phone. I don't know what happned today, inexperience maybe. Never saw this guy before.   

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

My regular postman is awesome. He introduced himself when I moved into the warehouse and told me to never pay for USPS pickups, he'll come at the end of the day for me. Also when I close early he kinda catches on and shows up a bit early or asks me. Even gave me his cell phone number for emergencies and stuff. He's helped me many times with work-arounds with issues that even their postmaster gives me drama about.

On the flip side, the replacement postman that comes when my primary one is on vacation or has his day off is the opposite... an older guy who sometimes catches me and awkwardly complains to me about his job and "other" customers on his route. He tries to drive by super fast sometimes never even getting out of his car tossing mail while still in his truck. Often times I catch him passing by without knocking for the pickup. He'll lie to me telling me a bigger truck is on it's way to pick up and it never comes.

I've mentioned this to my primary postman and he says that sounds about right about his replacement. He's just like a grumpy guy all the time. Then tells me if they miss a pick up to just call his cell phone.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

@tweetystwades

My regular carrier is usually on the phone. I don't know what happned today, inexperience maybe. Never saw this guy before.   

Mine to.

If I meet him at the box, he will be on his phone, trying to talk to me, scanning packages for the next few houses and trying to get their mail ready, all at the same time.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

USPS Technology

@bigdeals.etcwrote:

My regular postman is awesome. He introduced himself when I moved into the warehouse and told me to never pay for USPS pickups, he'll come at the end of the day for me. Also when I close early he kinda catches on and shows up a bit early or asks me. Even gave me his cell phone number for emergencies and stuff. He's helped me many times with work-arounds with issues that even their postmaster gives me drama about.

On the flip side, the replacement postman that comes when my primary one is on vacation or has his day off is the opposite... an older guy who sometimes catches me and awkwardly complains to me about his job and "other" customers on his route. He tries to drive by super fast sometimes never even getting out of his car tossing mail while still in his truck. Often times I catch him passing by without knocking for the pickup. He'll lie to me telling me a bigger truck is on it's way to pick up and it never comes.

I've mentioned this to my primary postman and he says that sounds about right about his replacement. He's just like a grumpy guy all the time. Then tells me if they miss a pick up to just call his cell phone.

I can't complain about my regular carrier to much, kind of like yours, he will do what he can to help a customer. 

I can always tell when my regular carrier is off.

I don't have anything picked up here, just delivery's, but it makes a difference who you have.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply