cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Package to UK disappears

Sold an item to a buyer in the UK from here in Kansas, on July 14, 2023,. Today is August 11, and the item  tracking shows: 

Jul 18, 2023, 7:20pm

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CEN, 64121

Jul 22, 2023

12:00am
In Transit to Next Facility
That's it, the latest entry of the tracking

Filed an "inquiry" on the USPS  website, under "international shipments" , and the PO message said they will send an inquiry to the UK. However, since the package appears to not have departed the US, what good is going to do to ask the UK postal authorities?

Any suggestions? I sent it Priority Mail. It is 36" x 24" x 4" so i doubt it could have been "lost."

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: USPS Package to UK disappears

Did you go through ebay's EIS (ebay international shipping) program or not?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Normally when there is a Priority package shipping internationally it has to go through US  customs before departing overseas.  Any packages I have sent to UK have gone through the ISC in New York which is a tracked entry before leaving the country.  I am unsure if that is the exit point for your part of the country, since I am in the Northeast.  

I believe Priority mail international includes some insurance coverage, so you may want to consider filing an insurance claim which may jolt the USPS to check its tracking.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

USPS Priority Mail does not include insurance unless one pays for insurance.

I filed the USPS online "inquiry form" for an "international" shipment, since I can't file a domestic claim because the fill-out form rejects a domestic inquiry because the shipment's label is an international label. Even though the item is lost inside the US (domestically).  The USPS says it will alert the UK Post office to search for it there, even though it is missing in the US. 

So I file the international inquiry, I get an acknowledgment in my email, and when I click on the link to see my inquiry:  "This service is currently unavailable."  Even though USPS acknowledge that they DID receive my inquiry, else how would they be able to send the acknowledgment?

And when I go to the USPS site and log in to see my "activity", there's nothing about my inquiry.  

Laughable.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply