cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS CARRIER PICKUP SCHEDULE DOWN FOR 2 WEEKS

In case you have wandered why you cannot schedule carrier pickup online, only ones scheduled prior to the site being down, they  have not had carrier pickup website on for over a week.  Finally spoke with a tech there, after days of calling everywhere, and they confirmed site is down.  They say it will eventually be back, but no dates or fixes as of now.  This was done with no warning, sure affects a lot of sellers who do not drive and lug packages to po.  It had been great, now somewhat dangerous, to just leave a note, no confirmation or anything, which was safe, now very risky.  Not sure if they are discontining it or not, sure many will switch carriers.  USPS evidently finds it more important to let people know what mail is coming the next day, so everyone will know your income tax refund is  coming and can rob your mailbox from IRS . IDIOTS. 

Glad my husband  has influence in politics, so the next time the po wants a government bailout, it will be highly recommended to be  denied. Sure give them money to offer less attractive services and delete the important ones. Very frustrating.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: USPS CARRIER PICKUP SCHEDULE DOWN FOR 2 WEEKS

Your po or customer service will tell you they have not heard of this and you have to switch and update your browsers.  HOG WASH, NO browsers work, new or old, you get a message, "unloaded error "  in red, so  after processed it did NOT go  through. Don't let them tell you it is your browser, or phone, nothing worked or scheduled, some say possible security breach.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

My scheduled pickups have gone through fine. I just had one Friday.

USPS will no longer support outdated browsers. I can request a pickup fine in Firefox 59.0.2 - the latest updated version.  What browser do you use? What does it say when you check here?  https://www.usps.com/browser-check/

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@kellykraegelme wrote:

some say possible security breach.

Who is saying that? A link would be helpful.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@kellykraegelme wrote:

USPS evidently finds it more important to let people know what mail is coming the next day, so everyone will know your income tax refund is  coming and can rob your mailbox from IRS . IDIOTS. 

The email you can sign up for is for mail thats coming that same day. It only shows mail that is going to your street address. No one else can see it.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I just attempted to schedule one as a test and it worked just fine.  I would check my browser to make sure you aren't using one of the older ones that is no longer supported, like sweet*tea said.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

It's working fine for me. This is the page I checked.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@kellykraegelme wrote:

USPS evidently finds it more important to let people know what mail is coming the next day, so everyone will know your income tax refund is  coming and can rob your mailbox from IRS . IDIOTS.

The email you can sign up for is for mail thats coming that same day. It only shows mail that is going to your street address. No one else can see it.

Not to mention that hardly anyone gets mailed refunds anymore. I don't think I've had a mailed refund since... I dunno, 2008? Just for yucks, some Googling turned up this press release from the IRS showing statistics comparing returns for 2013 with 2014, how many are now submitted on-line instead of by mail, and how many refunds are sent by Direct Deposit instead of by mail: 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/as-efile-grows-irs-receives-fewer-tax-returns-on-paper

The vast percentage of traffic is now on-line, not by mail, and still increasing. In 2014, out of 90.7 million returns submitted, 82.4 million were E-filed, and of the 73 million refunds sent out, 61.2 million were by direct deposit. Basically, if you do find an envelope from the IRS in your mailbox these days, it will not be good news. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

►Glad my husband has influence in politics, so the next time the po wants
►a government bailout, it will be highly recommended to be denied.

And there's a part of what's wrong with America these days. Using political influence for personal vendettas, regardless of the reasons for the perceived slight or the potential collateral damage to the public.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I have a pick up scheduled for today. No problems.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@kellykraegelme wrote:

some say possible security breach.

Still waiting on the details of that 'possible security breach'.? Who is the 'some' who are saying that?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I scheduled a pickup last night, mail carrier picked up this morning. The OP needs to take off the tin foil helmet and update their browser.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 12 of 12
latest reply