cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS shipping discounts conflict

I signed up for UPS savings on Ebay and created a UPS account that is supposed to link to my account on Ebay. I did this specifically for large packages going cross country as UPS is cheaper for these. However, I noticed if I go to UPS.com(using my ebay/ups saver acct number) and enter the package weight and dimensions as listed in my ebay listing and calculate a time and cost direclty on the UPS site, the price is WAY cheaper than what's being listed for the same service in my ebay listings. So the UPS ground cost on UPS.com comes to about 70 and on the ebay listing, it says 120. Does anyone know why this is? Aren't these accounts supposed to be linked so those numbers don't differentiate?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: UPS shipping discounts conflict

Have you selected the option in your eBay Preferences to pass shipping discounts along to buyers?  If not, you will pay the discounted rate but buyers will see and pay the higher counter rate.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yup. It doesn't make any difference.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Being told its related to a technical issue.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Being told its related to a technical issue.

If you're being told that by eBay Customer Service, that just means they don't know what you're talking about.

Did you set up your UPS account through eBay or directly through UPS.  I'm wondering if they aren't linked.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

UPS.com online help told me there was some communications issue. Didn't even consider talking to ebay.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I encountered a similar problem shipping large dimension items, 95#. In my case UPS charged much more than the EBAY shipping amount that the buyer paid. I was stuck for paying the difference. I complained the Ebay - they said that my fee was for the lower amount and to talk to UPS about the difference. Total **bleep**! I got nowhere with UPS.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply