cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC Code

I have an item When I try to list it . Ebay tells me I need a UPC code for it. They do not have UPC code on a lanyard hook.

Can anyone tell me how to list them??

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: UPC Code

Type this  in the box intended for a UPC

Does Not Apply

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Type this  in the box intended for a UPC

Does Not Apply

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

THANK you Thank you          James

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

For future reference "N/A" also works in the UPC box (without the quotation marks).

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

For future reference "N/A" also works in the UPC box (without the quotation marks).

It might "work" but it is not what eBay wants and it may lead to listings disappearing in search results especially when buyers use filters to refine searches.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/listings/product-identifiers

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Nothing in that article states that.  In many categories, "Does Not Apply" is not an option in the list.  Neither "Does Not Apply" nor "N/A" hurts your listing when compared to other items that also do not have UPCs (or in our case, usually ISBNs since we deal mostly with books and media).  Please don't spread misinformation.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller 

@jmcdj 

Before using the UPC, ISBN or any other manufacturer numbers, one should check the eBay catalogue to ensure that the information in the catalogue actually applies to the codes which are to be listed.

The eBay catalogue is jam-packed with erroneous information, supplied in many cases by individuals who are misinformed about the data included in each code.  Copying someone else's error only compounds the problem.

Better to use "Does Not Apply," rather than suffer a potential "Not As Described" case, based upon the faulty information someone else has mistakenly added to the eBay catalogue via the misuse of UPC, ISBN or other manufacturer codes.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

SOLVED Does Not Apply works

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Agreed, we only ever use the ISBN printed on an item and only keep eBay’s information on there if it matches.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@jmcdj 

@brightlightbookseller 

"Agreed, we only ever use the ISBN printed on an item and only keep eBay’s information on there if it matches."

Roger that 110%.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply