cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to search for shorts, not getting sizes but generic grouping? HUH?

Searching for womens shorts, type that into search bar and then go to refine my search on the left side with size, style, etc.

Usually it says Bottom Size and gives sizes.  Not today!  Instead it says bottom sizes then you get 4 options: Regular, Petite, Plus and Junior.  I checked regular and thought the regular sizes would show up so I could pick one, hmmmm no they did not. 

I finally figured out I had to check regular, then go back and check see all to be able to pick a size. 

Geez, why make it hard to search on ebay than it already is.  This is a very dumb idea!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Trying to search for shorts, not getting sizes but generic grouping? HUH?

LOL...new product search (project)...today I looked for kitchen item in bulk that I buy regularly...it took 17 clicks to find the one I wanted...the old way only took 4 clicks..including the pay now button.....Not user friendly at all.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

What search terms did you use, and did you click "group similar listings"?

I just searched for "wooden spoons", got 6,112 results, and ignored the option to "group similar listings".

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

oops

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

and the chinese clothes seller laughed

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@*eponymous*wrote:

I just searched for "wooden spoons", got 6,112 results, and ignored the option to "group similar listings".

No, I am not grouping similar listings.  I type in womens shorts in the search bar then clicked womens shorts on the left side.  On the left went to click size and it gives me what I stated above with no actual size.  It is really messed up.

Put in search womens shorts and see what I mean.  I wish I knew how to put a screen shot in this forum but can't figure it out.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@dande2016wrote:

Searching for womens shorts, type that into search bar and then go to refine my search on the left side with size, style, etc.

Usually it says Bottom Size and gives sizes.  Not today!  Instead it says bottom sizes then you get 4 options: Regular, Petite, Plus and Junior.  I checked regular and thought the regular sizes would show up so I could pick one, hmmmm no they did not. 

I finally figured out I had to check regular, then go back and check see all to be able to pick a size. 

Geez, why make it hard to search on ebay than it already is.  This is a very dumb idea!

That is their new "buyer experience".  They say it is personalized, and more intuitive.  They're experts, so they must be right, maybe there is just something wrong with you...   Smiley Wink

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@ted_200wrote:

@dande2016wrote:

That is their new "buyer experience".  They say it is personalized, and more intuitive.  They're experts, so they must be right, maybe there is just something wrong with you...   Smiley Wink

No doubt there is something wrong with me but that is not the point LOL! 

Well, if this is the new buyer experience I see very few sales in clothing in the future!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@dande2016wrote:

@*eponymous*wrote:

No, I am not grouping similar listings.  I type in womens shorts in the search bar then clicked womens shorts on the left side.  On the left went to click size and it gives me what I stated above with no actual size.  It is really messed up.

Put in search womens shorts and see what I mean.  I wish I knew how to put a screen shot in this forum but can't figure it out.

I don't find a "womens shorts" on the left side.

My search for "womens shorts" returns 590,000 listings, but no one searches so broadly unless you want to wade through thousands of unrelated pages......... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=womens+s...

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@*eponymous*wrote:

@dande2016wrote:

@*eponymous*wrote:

I don't find a "womens shorts" on the left side.

My search for "womens shorts" returns 590,000 listings, but no one searches so broadly unless you want to wade through thousands of unrelated pages......... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=womens+s...

Yes it does.  It shows shorts that are listed under womens clothing...that is womens shorts, now go down and look at the sizes...that is how you are suppose to weed out all the ones you don't want...It isn't working!

You use to be able to click a size 14 for example and  it would eliminate all chinese sellers because they don't make clothes that big.  Takes it way down, but very hard to find now how to do that.  

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The problem is the breadth of your search.  Cut it down to find what you want

size 14 women's shorts new gets you this https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsize+14+women%27s...

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I thought these changes were meany to make finding what you want easier, not harder!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply