cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to add video to my listing.

I am pretty familiar with html from some years ago building websites. I tried to add a video to my ebay description going to share and imbed and such. Waited til next day to see if it worked.  My account had been taken off saying that somebody unauthorized had tried to use my account. I had to set up another account and all feedback and such was gone and it was a great deal of trouble. Now I afraid to attempt the Video link thing again---Oh Well.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@dthbd7 wrote:

I am pretty familiar with html from some years ago building websites. I tried to add a video to my ebay description going to share and imbed and such. Waited til next day to see if it worked.  My account had been taken off saying that somebody unauthorized had tried to use my account. I had to set up another account and all feedback and such was gone and it was a great deal of trouble. Now I afraid to attempt the Video link thing again---Oh Well.

Hi, the video may or may not be related to the problem. But i am curious—eBay doesn’t delete user’s accounts unless there has been a very serious breach of security or policies. When that happens, when an account is banned, setting up another account is not allowed. What did the message from eBay state specifically? User accounts get hacked, but there has to be more to the story. What previous violations did you have? Other warnings?

PS—only certain links are allowed in a listing now, such as product demos. Links generally are not allowed any more. See the policy below.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/links-policy?id=4248

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@dthbd7 wrote:

Use this tool to create working links to YouTube Video that will work with eBay:

http://www.isdntek.com/tagbot/YouTubeConverter.htm

Message 3 of 3
latest reply