cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else with a store had this issue?

As a seller with a store, included in the program is a $25 credit  each quarter for Ebay branded items (boxes etc).  For the last 3 quartersI have had to call and argue with customer service to get the credits that I had earned by paying my store fees for the quarter! Each time, I reached people who did not understand the program and had to waste time on the phone asking for a supervisor and finally reaching one and then after a 48 -72 hour wait, I would finally see my credit! As a small Ebay seller for 20 years, my frustration with Ebay has reached the point where the changes to GUC (aka thinking that the Ebay computer knows more than I do about which items will sell best -such as holiday items), (and no the answer is not to only sell "unusual /hard to find items" there are still  many people who want lower priced items as well!) the excessive fees - such as penalizing us for charging shipping or hitting us with a 10% shipping fee and the ever excessive PayPal fees, including the new if the item is returned for any reason, you will not get your PP fees returned- how long will it be before Ebay starts doing the same thing ? I recently had a buyer start a return for an item that the  buyer had not even received yet! I contacted the buyer and found out she looked at the picture incorrectly and thought it wasn't brand new and I was able to correct it so that when the item was received it was kept because it was brand new) yet Ebay and their love of metrics charged me for a returned item. The CS Dept. keep telling me to wait another 5 days to hear from the buyer, (so much for their claim of just ask us and we will step in to resolve issues).

I think many of these rules are dreamed up by management made up of people who have never sold an item on line.

When we are frustrated and complain about forced GUC (as an example) we are ignored! GUC comes after a long period of Ebay telling sellers that Buy It Now is the fastest growing market and then they turn around and hit us with additional fees and regulations.

Sellers are lower than whale droppings on the bottom of the ocean (the only think that is lower is the race to the bottom for selling prices!) to Ebay!. All the losses are borne by the sellers and the ability to rate  a buyer who has not performed has been taken away from us.  We can not give them a negative, and there is no system to warn other sellers to avoid the deadbeats!

I have closed my store so they won't have to "forget" to send my earned credit. I will now only list 50 items a month on Ebay. A loss for them and me! I will go to other platforms for the rest.

It is sad for Ebay, I wonder what the founder and innovator  (Pierre) of Ebay, would think now? I doubt he would be any happier than many of us who sell here!

This used to be a true community where buyers and sellers  and Ebay worked together for everyone's benefit.  We all made money and buyers were satisfied. Sadly it is not that way any more!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The credits aren't "sent" to you, they're available, and have always been available, under the Manage my store link>subscriber discounts.  You can go there anytime and check. https://www.sd.ebay.com/subscriberdiscounts?trackid=174 

They don't come to you, you go to them.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@down-memory-lane-collectibles wrote:

This used to be a true community where buyers and sellers  and Ebay worked together for everyone's benefit.  We all made money and buyers were satisfied. Sadly it is not that way any more!

When exactly was this?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

That is true, however they were not in the Manage My Store link! If they were I would not have had to call CS. Also if they had been in the link, they would have pointed that out to me.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

When you add your supplies to your cart, there is now a new feature that shows you that you have a coupon available to pay. I just used mine for some poly mailers:

I do not have to pay sales tax because in my state, online merchants are allowed $250,000 in sales before they have to collect. We are not a marketplace facilitator state.  No way does Ebay shipping supplies have that many sales to Mississippi.

If you are in a sales tax state, you have to pay the tax with a credit/debit card. Coupons don't apply to sales tax.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@down-memory-lane-collectibles wrote:

That is true, however they were not in the Manage My Store link! If they were I would not have had to call CS. Also if they had been in the link, they would have pointed that out to me.

Are you looking in the correct part of the screen?

See where I circled it in red on the Manage My Store screen:

subscriberdiscounts.jpg

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 6 of 6
latest reply