cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction and Sales reports - blind people get lost

The reports page not getting better after 2 years battle Ebay was fighting with it's own shadow. 

Before I was able to do a few clicks to download the transaction report. Now it requires more clicks. Every time downloading the report I have to go through the same steps to click on check boxes (mostly clear them) to download what I need. I wish Ebay allowed me to just save the report template configuration I want every time so I am able to call it up and then download a new fresh version of the report again (e.g. past month etc) but without having to click all the other boxes.

This leads me to the next. The new page is not even visually impaired person friendly. You can't use keyboard to navigate the "Transaction types (all)" menu or the "All Statuses" menu to unselect what you want.  Software like Jaws reads the currently selected field to a blind person so they can make their choice. 

The new page drop menus dow not allow jumping between the items and you can't use any keyboard key to unselect the choices, they are all pre-selected.

I am surprised no one has tried to address the issue yet. And a billion dollar company should be at least design the site for blind people if it can't design it for people who can see. 

I am not visually impaired, but I was trying to use Selenium but obviously it doesn't work because there is no keyboard key to unselect / clear the choices on that site.

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/report 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Transaction and Sales reports - blind people get lost

EBAY has a new easy-to-read 1-page report.   Go to PAYMENTS, REPORTS (on left side & click on REPORTS (NEW) enter time period.     Reports shows YTD totals for (orders, refunds, EBAY fees, shipping expenses) everything you need to doing your income taxes.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for checking.  I am talking about this very report. The report is not easy by the way, it is the same report that ebay always had, it is transaction report that has been around for ages. Ebay just put it here because before you had to go through different page. I don't know why they call it new. They just cleaning up the mess on the website. 

I sell items on other platforms and I want all my data and tax reports in a consistent manner at any point of time so I don't need to deal with it at the year end. So I load the transactions as sales happen rather leaving all headache to deal with it at the year end.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They also make it impossible to get a nice little report that shows exactly how much you purchased on Ebay.  These purchases could be for more inventory, supplies or other things.  But there is no way to print out a simple report.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply