cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Number Will Not Manually Upload.

Over 22 years I have had 4 total hits for "Tracking not uploaded on time". Every single time its due to this same issue. I do not know why it happens on certain orders but I know exactly when. Ebay customer service will tell me not to worry about it since I'm no where close to it effecting my account. Why not just fix the dang problem?

So Issue--zero feedback buyer purchases a variation listing on the 26th for quantity 2. Same buyer purchases the same listing early morning of the 27th quantity 2. I purchase label for first listing and add the weight and dimensions for both purchases in the same box. No problem. I go to the remaining purchase and hit "add tracking". I enter the tracking number, it auto updates "usps" so its reading it fine. I push "Save" and............nada. Purchase still remains on "awaiting shipment" page. I tried this 7 times. So I pressed "Mark as shipped" so I at least do not also get a late shipment defect but even from the now "paid and shipped" page.........I still can not manually uploaded a friggin tracking number.

My buyer will get both orders in the same box right on time. I never once failed to deliver yesterdays order first thing the next morning. Yet ebay and their customer service have no problem making sure my perfect, very important to me stats, will never be 100%.

Any known fixes guys? Contacting ebay only makes the problem worse.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tracking Number Will Not Manually Upload.

Try making a custom tracking number by pasting the item number onto the beginning of your actual tracking number.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Try making a custom tracking number by pasting the item number onto the beginning of your actual tracking number.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Awesome thank you. Never heard of that one but it worked. Ebay customer service told me to "Wait another 24 hours then try again".

Which would guarantee the late tracking upload of course.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I want to thank you for this advice!!! Greatly appreciated! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The latest disaster is trying to access your camera to upload tracking, then you deny access to your camera and it goes to a blank screen.  I now have to email each customer their tracking number because eBay can't fix the stupid app and made a change to ruin the seller experience once again.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply