Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

What are your thoughts on the AI generated item descriptions?

As a buyer (and sometimes seller) I find the AI generated descriptions either irritating or at least unhelpful. Seems like most of those descriptions treat me like a buyer who can't think for themselves or don't really know what they want or like. Al...

Anyone else in Canada listing on eBay.com?

Due to a change in shippers, I may be changing my item location back to Canada, but I list on the eBay.com site. Wanted to know if anyone else lists from Canada (with item location in Canada), I have a question if you list on the eBay.com site. Does ...

EBay will not reply

I am based in the UK but sell on eBay.com. I have called UK many times and they are great but my issue has to be resolved by eBay.com who I cannot call. I have sent four emails and received standard generic replies from three different people. All th...

New All-Time Low-No Replies Needed

I have reached a new all-time low, one sale in the past 14 days, I know the cheerleaders are going to say it's my fault, my inventory, my this, my that, BLAH BLAH BLAH, & to those I say you are Very Wrong!, This has become a pitiful place to try & co...

User avatar by Guide
  • 231 replies
  • 33 helpful

Is eBay the last stop for overpaid incompetent corporate criminals? It has been for decades.

Your managed payment systems are beyond brokenhttps://www.ftc.gov/media/71268 There are several national and regional regulators you could convey the inaction of eBay’s criminally incompetent corporate looters”leaders”, but given eBays profoundly bro...

I need some help ...

I need to ask the community yet again for some help. I sold an item that was set as "local pick up" but the buyer and I agreed on shipping the item for $90. The buyer bought the item but I forgot to add the extra shipping fee. So whats the best way t...

Resolved! How to respond to scam buyer

I made a sale yesterday and "for fun" I always look up the address to see where my item is going. This time the mailing address was flagged all over the Ebay Forum and Reddit as a scam - the old "I never got my item" routine. So I cancelled the sale ...

Let Me Get This Straight..

Ebay will not allow me to sell an Americana salt and pepper shaker set from the 1950s that shows a black man and woman dressed in an Aunt Jemima outfit, BUT WILL allow all types of Nazi memorabilia and coins? Ebay's excuse is the salt an pepper shake...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 41 replies
  • 3 helpful

why is ebay adding the sales tax to the seller's income from sale. Sellers never receive sales tax

I couldn't believe my eyes, but apparently Ebay is charging the seller to include the sales tax to the amount received, we don't receive any sales tax from customers, and when they get their 12% which already way too high, but this is downright theft...

Selling small volume of goods - question on Cost of Goods and what I need to keep track of for taxes

I am a retired individual and am slowly selling items I have around the house to cut down on a lifetime of stuff. I am not sure what I need to keep track of to help offset any earned income. I get that if I were to pick up an item to resell, I should...

Getting Scammed By A Buyer

I'm currently dealing with a problematic buyer who is trying to pull a fast one. I had a brand new PS2 game for sale, and it was factory sealed. Before she purchased it, she asked me for photos of all sides of the case; she wanted to make sure there ...

Resolved! Buyer claims unable to buy a posted item and requests my account preference be changed - Scam?

Got an email from a potential buyer , here is her/his partial message ..., I recently tried to purchase but encountered an error that prevented me from doing so. Subsequently, I reached out to the customer service, who explained that the problem lies...

Buyer says Boyfriend is going to destroy contents of package when it arrives and wants refund

THIS has got to be the most insane message after a sale and with an item not yet delivered. Buyers messages “ I need to get a refund. My boyfriend said he is not going to give me the item when it is delivered and said he is going to destroy it or put...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors