cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Seller doesn't mean anything to eBay when you get scammed

Hello guys,

We're a long-time eBay seller. We just want to warn people about this scam that has happened to us.

Recently a buyer with zero feedback purchased two new Apple watches from us. We had a gut feeling because the buyer's address was at a warehouse. Long story short, he opened a return on the same day the item was delivered. His reason was "Sorry, some happens and I dont need it anymore. I didnt unpack anything".

Ebay provided the return shipping label with our correct address on there that we paid for it.  On July 01, 2021, he opened another case "Doesn't match the listing". Ebay went ahead and refunded the buyer the money. And yet we still haven't received our package back.  

We then checked the tracking number. The package is now going back to the scammer. We have reached out to the post office supervisor. The package has an "insufficient address" after scanned at the station. And was not attempt to deliver.  Also, the post office can't retrieve the package back to us.  In the past 18 years of doing business on eBay, we never have that issue.  

After providing all the evidence to eBay. They still side with the scammer. No luck after many appeals with eBay. We felt defeated. We have worked so hard by providing the best customer service on eBay.

We're now out of more than $1300. The scammer got his money back and two free brand new Apple watches.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 16.57.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 11.09.50 AM.png

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Top Rated Seller doesn't mean anything to eBay when you get scammed

A similar situation recently happened to me only the buyer swapped parts from a rare vintage model kit and returned to me the junk he didn't want from his old busted up kit.  Nothing I could do, ebay sided with buyer.  Have a look at this as I am seriously considering and I think every honest seller that's been scammed by both buyer and eBay should read and do... donotpay.com. 

I think if enough sellers start taking things into their own hands eBay might wise up.  

Lend me your thoughts

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Re: Top Rated Seller doesn't mean anything to eBay when you get scammed

DO NOT sell anything worth a substantial amount of money without getting a signature verification .

Message 47 of 47
latest reply