cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top-Rated Seller badge not showing and question about top-rated plus benefits

At my last evaluation around 3 days ago, I qualified as a Top-Rated seller. I am not seeing my badge appear on my listings, even when I sign out of eBay and look at them from a buyer's perspective. I sell sports trading cards mainly. I have a few misc. items, but I don't expect to see the badge for those items. I'm wondering if and when my top-rated seller badge will appear?

I'm also curious about top-rated plus benefits. It looks as though the two requirements for these benefits are: 1) 1 day or less handling time and 2) offering free 30+ day returns. There is, however, a clause with the free 30+ days returns that says this is not a requirement with my main selling category of sports trading cards.

There are a few of my items that are still at 2 days handling time, because bids have already been placed on these items and I can't revise them. The rest of my items are listed with 1 day handling time. Given the before-mentioned clause regarding returns, I do not offer returns on the cards. I feel my descriptions and pictures let buyers know exactly what they're buying and most of the value of my items is in their condition and it is not difficult to drastically change the condition of a trading card. Returns open the door for cards to easily come back in worse condition than they left in.

That said, the only top-rated plus badges I see on other sellers' sports trading cards are all on items with free returns. I can't find a single seller of trading cards that has a top-rated plus badge who doesn't offer free returns. This contradicts what I'm interpreting in eBay's information on top-rated plus benefits. Clearly, I'm misinterpreting something along the way. Hoping someone can offer some clarity for me. Thanks!

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Top-Rated Seller badge not showing and question about top-rated plus benefits

Top Rated Plus benefits and requirements

As a Top Rated Seller, you can qualify for these exclusive Top Rated Plus benefits if you offer same or 1-business-day handling time and 30-day or longer free returns:

• The Top Rated Plus seal will be displayed prominently in search results and in the listing description.
  • A 10% discount on your standard final value fees, which is calculated on the total amount of the sale, including shipping and tax. The discount does not apply to the $0.30 per order portion of the final value fee

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080&st=12&pos=1&qu...

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Re: Top-Rated Seller badge not showing and question about top-rated plus benefits

@laguna-mama wrote: ... I clearly missed the part where it says seller must pay for returns.  Can you you please share the reference? ...

The link to the policy and a quote of the relevant section were provided in the very first response to this thread, which was also selected as the solution.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

I went through and found 15 listings where my revision to returns accepted hadn't taken.  Not sure what that's about.  I guess I need to do a regularly scheduled maintenance review! 

Annnd...I found it:

Top Rated Plus benefits and requirements

As a Top Rated Seller, you can qualify for these exclusive Top Rated Plus benefits if you offer same or 1-business-day handling time and 30-day or longer free returns:

• The Top Rated Plus seal will be displayed prominently in search results and in the listing description.
  • A 10% discount on your standard final value fees, which is calculated on the total amount of the sale, including shipping and tax. The discount does not apply to the $0.30 per order portion of the final value fee

Thanks for this thread.  It was very helpful! No...yeah...yah!

Message 18 of 29
latest reply

Years ago I strived so very hard to achieve the TRS status and then realized it did not mean anything -- visibility-wise- unless you are TRS +. Achieve TRS status -- good for you ---but now you must jump through this hoop to have the badge displayed. For the used items I sell and being a small seller the 30-day return period simply does not work although I do know it works for the big box retailers who are now very prominent on ebay. I was very disappointed. Of course, everyone has choices and I stopped selling for years on this platform --- still a customer as a purchaser so they did not lose me totally --- and now sell items on ebay from my personal items every now and then but not as a business.

Message 19 of 29
latest reply

@lv-deals-direct wrote:

Years ago I strived so very hard to achieve the TRS status and then realized it did not mean anything -- visibility-wise- unless you are TRS +. 

I strive for TRS because it means I am either ... 

(a) selling more; or

(b) have a lower defect rate; or 

(c) both

... than I am if I am Above Standard 🙂

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Thanks for this. I first assumed it would be when I hit 100 sales and now have been waiting for the 20th to hit. So now I will need to wait another week! I haven’t received any emails from eBay and assumed this would’ve been a good time to send congratulatory/keep selling with us and status will kick in 2/1 communication. 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

I have also encountered this issue, as I meet all the conditions of the Top Rated Plus, including a 30 day free return and one day handle.
But my product does not have a top rated plus label on the search page.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

It’s difficult to figure out what the problem is without more info and without being able to see your listings.  When did you qualify for TRS?

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

They should not be able to force a seller to offer 30 day returns, to get top rated status. People pay to be on their site, sellers should be able to set their own terms of sales.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I forgot it, but at least 6 months, actually.

But recently I realized that I should enjoy the Top Rated Seller Logo at the searching pages, but I wasn't there.

This is our listing link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/404545018108

I am sure I have a 10% discount on the final value fees now, and at least 6 months, but I did't have top rated seller logo at pages.

Appreciate it.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

I went to that listing, then clicked on see other listings and the trs plus badge is there.

IMG_0270.jpeg

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Why is the blue logo of "Top Rated Plus" never displayed on my computer?

We only have the Gold "Top Rated Seller" here.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

I’m really not sure.  That badge isn’t the US trs plus badge but it is  the trs badge for some other countries So perhaps you see it differently because you are registered in another country. Thats just a guess.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Thanks to your inspiration.
I tried changing the IP address with a VPN, the blue badge was displayed normally.

Thank you~

Happy New Year!

Message 29 of 29
latest reply