cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Seller Status

Is it just me, or are all the Top Rated Sellers dropping like flies?

What is the deal? Am I missing something here?

I try to watch the majority of my top competitors in varies categories and they all seem to be moving to "Above Standard". 

We all know eBay sucks lol... but why give up your 20%?

- Go For The Game -
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Top Rated Seller Status

I am very discouraged by the changes to Top Sellers. First the discount is going from 20% to 10% and the tracking has to be loaded and received by the post office 95% of the time. I have had cases where someone purchases an item on Friday and if I can't get to the post office on saturday it goes againist me. I have compained to ebay about this, one said to me 10% is better than nothing. It remined me of the woman who told her congressman during a town hall we pay your salary and he said he pays his own by taxes he pays. The problem here is we can not vote ebay out of office we have to put up with it.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

No need to worry... A person like myself that has been in ebay since Feb 2001 ( iver 16 years ) and a constant user has had his top rated seller acces dropped as well.... Enay insists on tracking so we protect ourselves but if the buyers donr receive it in timne for the malfunction of the post office, then we sellers are all to blame for that....I know ebay does not care what is said in these areas and they are just losing customers..... Remember people, no buyers or customers, then there are no sales. If there are no sales, sellers dont get money. If sellers dont get money, then we cant pay the ebay account...and on and on and on..... It is a shame there is not another company that can overtake ebay soit is either like it or lump it.... I have been taken of top seller status because buyers are stingy....NO OTHER REASON...I think we all have to use the ebay blocked list to its maximum and dont allow the bad buyers a 2nd chance to scam all of the sellers as ebay is on their side...have a nice day....OIO

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

I sell some larger items with local pick up or they need crating and frieght, takes more than a day and logic will tell you not to build a crate until you need it. I deleted the items and sell them else where. Top rated seller status saved, ebay earnings droped, fees paid 0. Sold on other platforms.

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Ya I just lost mine because I did not have 100 sales after forcing me to give 30 day returns then making a deal with Target stores that undercut my product... o well, anyone else notice the ads that follow you that advertise your own items to you? have yet to see anything I searched that was not my own.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

Yep I just fell under the 100 sales rule and lost my TPR, nice promotion Ebay, but now I can get rid of the abusive 30 day returns

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

It all started quite innocently.  After several years without one, I finally decided to be brave enough and put my ebay store on vacation and take a much needed break.  I thought I had done all the necessary things and clicked all the right boxes.  However, upon return, I received a message from eBay stating that my Top Rated status was in jeopardy and that I would indeed be losing it upon the next month's review.  What?!?  Apparently,  you now have to make your items "invisible" to buyers or you will be penalized for not shipping within the required 24 hour period.  So what is the point of continuing to drive to the post office everyday?  Since sales have been declining anyway, I decided to change to 3-day handling and suffer the consequences...  Z

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Amen to that! If everyone blocked the scammers we would all be better off...Z
Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Good point.  I too recently lost my TRS status.  Ebay sets and changes their policies often, making selling, shipping, and earning profit more difficult each time.  If eBay really listened to seller's concerns, then it probably would benefit everyone.  From my experience, I don't see that happening anytime soon.  Z

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

I LOST MY TOP RATED 21ST NOV!!!
Several "glitches" Bugs" in Ebay's site, new format, http security issue thats from translation tool, and ebay sponsored approved application, etc could be effecting # sales. Also, I bulk relisted my items over 43 fixed in my paid store allotment, gone, never showed up in active and disappeared from unsold. My experience since last year is that Ebay forgot to appreciate their loyal sellers, ones who have top rated (or had) 100% feedback, because without us, Ebay would not have a trusted brand. Last holiday season, no promotions, this one no promotions, and have created a unfair dashboard system items sold etc, when ebay's glitches and bugs contributed to the issues. Shame. I hope a higher up reads this and adverses the downgrade to below standard, and finds a way to show its appreciation.
Message 39 of 39
latest reply