cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tonight was the final straw. Glitches + promotional listing scams & **bleep** = DONE with eBay

I'm a tiny seller, so take this with a grain of salt - or maybe a whole shaker...

Just removed ALL of my items from eBay - and unfortunately, in the end, I was forced to do so through a CS rep by phone.

Spent my few minutes (really 2.5 hrs, btw) of free time tonite trying to end my "stale" items, only to receive errors EVERY TIME I attempted.

Got so fed up, I just had the CS remove all of my items.  These glitches lately are completely unprofessional & unacceptable, and I simply cannot risk my time or reputation on eBay's current instability.

I wish you all the best, fellow sellers.  I'm afraid you're gonna need it...  (And for emergency preparedness, do yourselves a favor - save up as much money as you can, and invest in buckets - I believe a whole lot of bailing out will be in order, very shortly...)

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Tonight was the final straw. Glitches + promotional listing scams & **bleep** = DONE with eBay

Spent my few minutes (really 2.5 hrs, btw) of free time tonite trying to end my "stale" items, only to receive errors EVERY TIME I attempted.

That is surely odd that you were unable to 'end your listings early'.  What sort of error messages did you get? 

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

I have had so many errors over the last few months that this one seems simple. Ive had trouble listing....an error occured....only to see not one but 2 of the same listing appear in my active listings. Tracking uploading on some items in comvined shipping but not others. Then weeks later tracking shows up showing on time but ebay keeps the ding on seller metrics anyway. Buyers cant pay errors. Listings unfindable etc. Par for the course. This is the new norm.
Message 3 of 40
latest reply

Of course, I didn't take a screenshot like I should have, but after the last few days of insanity I didn't think to until after my call to CS. (I'm located in NorCal where the power outage has wreaked havoc thru the massive power outage)

The error message was in bold red text, and said something along the lines of "We cannot process your request because of an internal error due to changes in our policies." (NOT VERBATIM, but from hazy memory)

That's all I can remember. If anyone gets a similar error, PLEASE copy & paste (or screenshot) the exact text of the error so others can see.
Message 4 of 40
latest reply

Since you're in California with the problems they are having it was probably your internet connection/service as there has been no problems here where I am at.  Good luck elsewhere.

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

If it was the ops internet the page wouldnt have changed with an error message by ebay. There would have been a couldnt connect to site message.
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

Power was fully restored more than 12 hours before my attempts.  As much as I want to agree with you, I simply cannot.  This problem was clearly on eBay's end, not PG&E's, nor Verizon's (my ISP) who managed to keep internet active throughout this entire crisis.

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

"We cannot process your request because of an internal error due to changes in our policies." (NOT VERBATIM, but from hazy memory)

No problem with the hazy memory, and thanks for answering my question. We do often see things go "wonky" around here when a new policy is about to take place.  Sometimes they program things in advance of some new program that nobody is told about, and the errors become a "precursor" for things to come. 

As mentioned, however, there are so many glitches going on it is hard to tell if the error message is a result of....

a glitch

an intended change

an ebay "enhancement"

or a "test"

They all look alike.   Hopefully, someone will get a screen shot.   

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

I know what you mean! I sold a game last night and the sale never registered on ebay until tonight, almost 24 hours later. The only reason I knew the game even sold was because of the paypal transaction. There was nothing on my sold page, and despite the fact the item was already sold it was still showing as being listed for sale. They resolved it now and I was able to print a label. Still a waste of time though.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Followup:  Thanks to good browsing habits and the "back" button, I got a screenshot...

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

the text reads:
"We were unable to process your request.

We are sorry, but we were unable to process your request.

Please check the eBay Announcement Board for updates on recent and upcoming changes,
major system issues,and other important eBay news.

Regards,
eBay"
Message 11 of 40
latest reply

Oh geez. What change are they preparing for now. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 12 of 40
latest reply

Yep, that's exactly why I'm sharing this info, and requesting that ANY community member who receives ANYTHING even REMOTELY similar to share with us all.

If this is real, it is potentially a SERIOUS problem, for all sellers here.  I'm personally convinced enough to pull out, completely - and to wish you all the best of luck.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Just to clarify, I've sold about 130 listings at a value of about $6000, give or take.  Newbie level.

Just trying to be transparent.  I'm not your typical eBay troll, I'm a real startup seller - or, in fact, I WAS one...

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

Thurs nite/Fri morn is usually maintenance time and things do go wonky......

Message 15 of 40
latest reply