cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titles Missing on item specific Excel download/upload

Today I downloaded missing item specifics from 1900 listings into an excel csv file.  Apparently the titles did not fully download, only the first 4 to 20 characters. All of the columns were collapsed by default and I did not notice until after the file had been uploaded with the updated item specifics that the titles were now incorrect.  As you can see below the report was missing a majority of the title starting with cable.

Screenshot 2022-12-20 063411.png

A majority of the titles are the same with the exception of the issue number, grade, year which makes my these impacted 1900 listings unsearchable.

premiumcomics_0-1671547176192.png

I have contacted eBay, but received the typical we will send a ticket in response. Hopefully this does not happen to other sellers who use the csv file download and upload feature. Has anyone else experienced this or had resolution to this issue? It is sad to think I have lost 2 months of work.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Titles Missing on item specific Excel download/upload

If you have the original titles saved elsewhere (or maybe try reverting the spreadsheet to an earlier point if not) you can easily get this fixed- all you have to do is:
1. Download the Edit Price And Quantity (Seller Hub --> Reports --> Uploads --> Get Template --> Source: Listings -->Type: Edit Price And Quantity --> Download)
2. Look for the header column field 'Title' on that sheet, and replace all of the titles you need to with the correct ones.

3. Save that sheet as a .csv and upload it in Seller Hub

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for the reply. I looked in my downloads on my PC and on the eBay dashboard, but no luck finding the old titles prior to the glitch. Anywhere else I can look on eBay?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I use Google Sheets personally, and on there it has a 'File History' feature where you can go back and see previous edits of your document (since it auto-saves on changes), so that's kind of what I had in mind, but I haven't used Excel in quite some time, does it have a feature like that at all? If it does that's how I would envision it happening, but if not:
do you mind sharing how you made your titles before (totally understandable if you don't want to say), the reason I ask is if worse comes to worse you can just give it the ol' CONCAT on your item specific sheet in another column to craft that way?
Other than that, unfortunately you may be out of luck 😞

Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
Set the man on fire...
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I really appreciate the response as we are going on day 4 with no help from eBay tech support. If you look at the screen shot above the first 2 titles on the spreadsheet are correct. Book title/pub date/Estimated Grade/ any relevant keyword is how my comic titles are structured. I did look in the excel history but nothing back before the 19th. It is looking more and more like there is no way to recover.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply