cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title of Listing critique.

Is this a good title for this listing? Please critique my listing or constructive feedback would be much appreciated 🙂 I hope you have a good day folks 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162836704782

I want to restore faith in humanity and make people's day 🙂
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When you set up a listing in auction format with no "Buy it now" option, it's not a good idea to start your description text by saying, "I am open to negotiations."  The eBay bots that look for violations might interpret this as an invitation to set up an off-eBay transaction.  

If you are actually open to negotiating the item's price, the more acceptable way to do that is to set up a fixed price listing, and add the "Best offer" option.

The word "futureproof" is not likelly to be in anybody's searches for a TV.

Have you actually checked into what it would cost to ship that item via FedEx to California, including factoring-in the dimensions of a box that would be needed to ship it safely?  If I was listing that item, I'd start with "Local pickup only."

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There is no way I would ship that ... and especially not for free.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm afraid that listing is a train wreck waiting to happen. I wouldn't ship a 44" flatscreen across the street, let alone anywhere else. You'll be on the hook for a full refund in case of any real or purported damage claim, plus the extra expense of paying for return shipping if you want the unit back first before refunding.

I would dump the auction format, which simply makes it a magnet for sport bidders, and list it as a fixed price BuyItNow for whatever you really want for it, no Make Offer (and get rid of the "open for negotiations" verbiage, which will not end well) and Local Pickup Only (no Shipping methods of any kind specified). That puts the burden and the risk of transporting it on the buyer. No one halfway across the country, or the world, has any urgent need for your specific example of what is a very available model.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping that for free is begging for trouble.

Here is how I would have arranged the key words:

Sony 4K Ultra 43" Smart TV Model XBR43X800D w Remote & Stand Triluminos Used

You can omit the triluminos and add something else and/or put it anywhere after

"TV"

I most ceretainly wouldn't use futureproof as one of my 4 lead cassini words

Message 5 of 5
latest reply