cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to quit selling on eBay!!!!!!

Just too many fake profiles and a bunch of folks asking you silly questions, this last guy: not even in the US (I do not sell internationally) and never pays but is able to bid on my items and leave negative feedback after I cancel?

If you just look at his seller's feedback you will see many no longer registered profiles which mean they are probably fake leaving him positive feedback. I had many problems with profiles based in Kazakhstan and reported them but eBay seems to not have the ability to keep him/her out!

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Time to quit selling on eBay!!!!!!

Its pretty obvious you just want to complain and throw a fit rather than listen to advice.
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@gadgetmang wrote:
Pretty obvious that the ones defending are more than likely scamming also.

@gadgetmang

The ones you are accusing of scamming are the ones trying to HELP YOU!

These posters are all volunteers that try to PREVENT sellers like yourself from getting scammed.

You can either heed their sage advice or continue having problems. The choice is yours.

But don't accuse them of scamming. It makes YOU look like a fool.

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

We see it every day - easier to blame others in their minds than take responsibility - advice and have a productive selling career.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

If it's the item that you received the negative for, that was a best offer that you accepted (unless you had it set to auto-accept), and you would have seen the buyer's location then and you could have declined the offer.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

@gadgetmang wrote:
Pretty obvious that the ones defending are more than likely scamming also.

Lol

is this a troll? Accusing Discussion board members volunteering their time to help out other sellers- of scamming?

If you're not a troll? And just having a troll like,  out of body experience? This isn't just about you. Other sellers read these boards to get a leg up on scammers and how to handle them.

too bad you discovered them now- we could've saved you a lot of aggravation

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

Hi OP, i'm wondering how much time elapsed between the end of the auction and your cancellation? How much time did/do you allow the buyer to remit? Or were your expectations for immediate payment?

There are settings on ebay and PayPal (links below) that can help a seller limit the kinds of problems you are encountering, as several posters have mentioned. If you choose to keep selling, you will find them useful.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

https://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/require-immediate-payment.html

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/setup-account/

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Over 24 hours.

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

@gadgetmang wrote:

Over 24 hours.

So, not nearly long enough...

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

@gadgetmang wrote:

Over 24 hours.

If you are cancelling transactions 24 hours after purchase/auction end, you earned that neg and perhaps it is time to stop selling on eBay.

Per eBay policy you cannot enforce any payment deadline of less than 6 full days unless you use the Immediate Payment Required option (not available with auctions or best offers).  If you can't live with 6 days without payment either set up your listings as Buy It Now with IPR, or don't list.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Yeah I kinda I would get an answer like that, probally like a weeks grace time on here, anyways selling on eBay is definatly not for me with rules that protect scammers.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@gadgetmang wrote:

Yeah I kinda [thought] I would get an answer like that, probally like a weeks grace time on here, anyways selling on eBay is definatly not for me with rules that protect scammers.

Actually a little less than a week total; it used to be longer. As of now, you can open an Unpaid Item dispute after 48 hours from end of listing. Once open, the buyer has 96 hours (four full days) within which to pay. If 96 hours elapses with no payment, you can then close out the dispute, get your Final Value Fees refunded, and relist. The buyer can't leave feedback on a closed-out Unpaid dispute, plus he gets an Unpaid slap on his record. Two or more of those and his bidding privileges start to get curtailed by sellers who are blocking deadbeats on that basis in their records.

In the case of big-ticket, high-scam items like laptops, your best bet if selling here is to pick your desired selling price and list it as a BuyItNow only: no Make Offer setting, and with the Immediate Payment Required option checked. That way no one can yank it off the market without actually paying you for it first.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

"your settings set up to block international buyers in both eBay and PayPal? "

I have done this my settings & set up restrictions for where I only ship my items to and still get peple outside the United states able to bid on my stuff.. when I politly ask (not seeing United states address)

what United states address they have on file for me to ship to they reply " do not have one " !!

How is this possible? 

Feeling confused because the people who bid and do have U.S. address are beat out and it clearly states in my discription " do not ship outside the U.S." yet this still continues to happen..Hmmm

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@mistwomandancing wrote:

gadgetmang wrote:..........eBay is good for having you jump through hoops..........and just going to use another platform for now on.

Oh, for Heaven's Sake...  It isn't eBay or PayPal making you "jump through hoops."  It's part of being in business online! 

Since online business is world-wide, if YOU don't want to sell outside certain perameters, you need to block the possibility of having buyers outside your chosen sales territory making purchases from you. 

As to you not selling here anymore and going to another platform to sell... good luck with that.  You might want to check to see if you need to block international buyers there too, and that over there, they don't get any scammers trying to hoodwink folks.  Smiley Wink

We've discussed this before there are ways AROUND the blocks.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

I have only one question.

is this buyer from Kazakhstan??

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@findyouryouthagain wrote:

"your settings set up to block international buyers in both eBay and PayPal? "

I have done this my settings & set up restrictions for where I only ship my items to and still get peple outside the United states able to bid on my stuff.. when I politly ask (not seeing United states address)

what United states address they have on file for me to ship to they reply " do not have one " !!

How is this possible? 

Feeling confused because the people who bid and do have U.S. address are beat out and it clearly states in my discription " do not ship outside the U.S." yet this still continues to happen..Hmmm

I get buyers outside the US all the time but they use a Freight Forwarder in the US. Doesnt bother me in the least.

If you get a payment from a buyer outside the US AND their shipping address is also outside the US and you have all your blocks in place... simple, cancel the transaction using Problem with Buyers address. The payment and all fees will be refunded to you.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 30 of 32
latest reply