cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Change and Scheduled Listings

I always schedule my listings to begin at 7 PM EST (4PMPST).  I generally work until 6PM most days and this works for me as it allows me to get home in time to cancel any listings I do not want to relist, and let the others relist.  It has worked great for me since the GTC was implemented.

With the time change on November 1, all of my listings that I listed prior to the daylight savings time change shifted to end at 6 PM instead of 7 PM.  I barely caught it yesterday in time to end listings that I did not want to relist for the holiday season.  At first I thought I had made a mistake and listed just those to begin at 6 PM and that is when I noticed they all end at 6 PM.

Is this a glitch and something eBay will be fixing or did I just lose an hour.  Anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You did not lose an hour, and it is not a glitch. When the clocks are set back an hour, the ending time for the listing also goes back an hour.  

For instance, a 5-day auction that began at 7 PM will end 5 x 24 hours later, and if the clock has been set back an hour the end time will be 6 PM.  In the spring when clocks are set aead an hour, the auction will still get its 5 x 24 hours, so the auction that began at 7 PM before the time shift will end at 8 PM.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You did not lose an hour, and it is not a glitch. When the clocks are set back an hour, the ending time for the listing also goes back an hour.  

For instance, a 5-day auction that began at 7 PM will end 5 x 24 hours later, and if the clock has been set back an hour the end time will be 6 PM.  In the spring when clocks are set aead an hour, the auction will still get its 5 x 24 hours, so the auction that began at 7 PM before the time shift will end at 8 PM.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the explanation.  Wish I had known about a month ago. 🙂   Now I know for the month preceding any time change to either set the time to begin at 8 PM EST or 6 PM EST, so they will actually end at 7PM.  Somehow just got to get through this month without having a bunch of stuff relist that I don't want to relist for November and December.  Probably have to end them at noon on my lunch hour or borrow my wife's laptop so that I can end them at work right before I leave at 6PM. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@clarkmiracle wrote:

Thank you for the explanation.  Wish I had known about a month ago. 🙂  

Hey, I've been selling since 2004 and I still get tripped up over the time change in Spring and Fall, so don't feel bad. I time my auctions to end between 9:30 and 10:00 Central time, but in the week leading up to the time change, I have to remember to schedule their start times either an hour earlier or an hour later as the case may be. My record for remembering to do that twice a year is... not so good. 😉

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sure, but when you schedule auctions to end 7 days after they start, they should end at that time. My auctions just ended DURING FOOTBALL games!!! I always schedule them to end AFTER games on Sunday. I had ONE bid in the last hour when I normally get 6 to 10! Ebay screwed me...period!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@lots-o-comics wrote:

Sure, but when you schedule auctions to end 7 days after they start, they should end at that time. My auctions just ended DURING FOOTBALL games!!! I always schedule them to end AFTER games on Sunday. I had ONE bid in the last hour when I normally get 6 to 10! Ebay screwed me...period!

@lots-o-comics : The point to remember is that you are NOT scheduling the end time. You are scheduling the START time.

Ebay will always count a full 24 hours per day of listing time so normally your start and end times will be the same anyway EXCEPT during spring or fall when we turn the clocks forward or backward. That is when you need to remember to adjust your start time so that your end time will be when you want it.

(Dont feel bad. I mess up my selling account listings twice a year the same way by forgetting to take the time change into account.)

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hello,

Time change and scheduled listings refer to managing the timing of content publication, typically used in various media and online platforms. It allows creators to post or broadcast their content at specific, pre-planned times to reach their target audience effectively. This strategy can optimize visibility, engagement, and convenience for both creators and their viewers, making it a valuable tool in content management and marketing.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply