cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst thing about Ebay...

You can hustle and hustle and hustle and put endless hours and all of your energy into and just get nothing back. I have 50 alternating listings on my shop page and have had ONE SALE this year. So that's about 750 individual listings and one sale that won't even cover my shop fee.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: The worst thing about Ebay...

Extremely sad, I do wish you the best of luck in the near future, perhaps some of the experts here can be of some help .

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

So you've sold one item on your shop page and are blaming it on ebay?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@infiniteatticonline wrote:

You can hustle and hustle and hustle and put endless hours and all of your energy into and just get nothing back. I have 50 alternating listings on my shop page and have had ONE SALE this year. So that's about 750 individual listings and one sale that won't even cover my shop fee.

You are throwing 50 alternating grains of sand onto a beach and wondering why you aren't selling anything? The worst thing about eBay is when users have no clue what they are doing and blame it on eBay. You are either selling very niche items or listing a few items in a very crowded category and your prices are too high.

But yeah, that's the worst thing about eBay. I mean, I can't think of at least 10 things that are worse...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@infiniteatticonline  You are on the Everyday Rate plan and get 50 Free Insertion Fees per month ... there are currently 5 items for sale.  You need more things to sell.  And there is no Shop Page on the Everyday Rate plan ... a Store has a home page that a Store name and Banner can be added.

While I sincerely hope things pick up for you, at the end of the day more items to sell would be helpful to that end ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OP - your prices are way too high. The DC book can be bought for $14.99 from other sellers and their listings are right below on your item's page so buyers can see that your book is overpriced.

The listing of shirts is deceptive as the magority of shirts were not Gerry or Dockers but Axist and you don't get much for Axist - even Big & Tall sizes. I sell my son's clothing and he's Big and Tall - Axist I take to the Thrift and donate. Also your ship costs are unreasonable. Those items could be shipped in regional rate or priority flat rate boxes for less than you are charging.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply