cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "NEW" Picture Magnifier - the next multi-step process added

I am hoping this is just one of those "tests" that in time will be abandoned.  I noticed that more and more threads are popping up about this latest change.  I appreciate the Buyers who are complaining as they may have more of a voice than Sellers do for changes like this.  This new Magnifier is a PER image process compared to the previous function where you could enlarge one image and then scroll left or right through the other images and enlarge any you want to see more detail on.  I am primarily a Seller on eBay but I do buy occasionally and for me this DOES NOT ENHANCE THE BUYING EXPERIENCE.  

The list continues to grow for processes and functions where extra steps, pages and clicks have been added.  Here are just a few, feel free to add more to the list ... 

-The Feedback flow

-The Advanced listing tool

-The partial Refund flow

Screenshot (711).png

I have used the menu int he upper right of the main image picture and selected the Thumbs down on this one ... I don't like the new hover menu nor the new magnifier function.  

Screenshot (710).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@mr_lincoln 

I do not have this "new experience" on my account yet. So maybe it is another test. From what I see in your screenshots, I would agree with you on a thumbs-down for this.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

I do not have this "new experience" on my account yet. So maybe it is another test. From what I see in your screenshots, I would agree with you on a thumbs-down for this.

@mcdougle4248 

I am using MS Edge and on another thread about this someone mentioned they aren't seeing it on all of their browsers.  I have experienced variations of the magnifier on different platforms.  I am a heavy Buyer on one of those platforms and when they launched their new magnifier function I immediately voiced my displeasure.  

Regards,
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Well, they do keep busy. You have to give them that.   Let's not forget the hidden price listings where you had to click on the item to see it's price.  That was tried and dropped twice over the years.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

Ah yes indeed, I see the "new experience" while using MS Edge. I do not see it using Firefox or Chrome, both signed in or using incognito mode.

I am a terrible hoverer and I can miss things easily. So, a thumbs down from me was recorded while I was using MS Edge on the "new experience".

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

Well, they do keep busy. You have to give them that.   Let's not forget the hidden price listings where you had to click on the item to see it's price.  That was tried and dropped twice over the years.

@simba6   Never experienced those ... 

Regards,
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 

That's why I am hoping it's just a test ... on one browser to see what folks think about it ... 

Regards,
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@mr_lincoln this is not an eBay thing, it's a Microsoft thing.

You can tell because when you use the option to search by image, it takes you to a Bing search that shows other sites, just like if you used Google Lens.

2024-04-21_11-59-21.jpg

Also the other options on that hover menu all direct back to settings or features that are built into the Edge browser, not your eBay account.

2024-04-21_12-02-06.jpg2024-04-21_12-01-29.jpg2024-04-21_11-59-56.jpg2024-04-21_12-00-09.jpg

And you'll see the same menu/options on other sites too, like this Amazon listing

2024-04-21_12-06-09.jpg

My guess is it's part of MS integrating Copilot more into the Edge experience, but that's just a guess....either way, this is not an eBay issue at all and that "thumbs down" feedback is going to Microsoft. You'll need to play around with your browser settings if you still prefer to use Edge but do not want these features.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

It was a very limited program. Only very few high volume sellers had it.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Interesting ... here's a variation of the theme on MS Edge.

Screenshot (717).png

Regards,
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@mr_lincoln  yep, there are just two different things going on here that are separate but confusing because they are happening at the same time. 😊

eBay does appear to be testing different experiences for viewing images right now.

Some are still seeing the option to "expand" the image which opens the full image in an expanded window where you can also shuffle through the other images as well, and some are now only seeing the option to magnify or zoom in within the single image container on the listing page.

I'm still seeing the expand option in FireFox

2024-04-21_12-13-18.jpg

But Chrome only shows the magnify option.

2024-04-21_12-14-14.jpg

That is something eBay controls and it appears they may be running testing on those different functions.

That's separate from the "hover menu" you mentioned. The "hover menu" is what is being added by Microsoft, presumably as part of integrating Copilot into the Edge browser experience, and that "hover menu" will be shown on many different sites you may visit including Amazon and others if you use MS Edge.

The thumbs down in your screenshot will send feedback to Microsoft about the "hover menu", not to eBay about the "expand" vs "magnify" test, if that makes sense.

To leave feedback for eBay about "expand" vs "magnify, you'll need to click the "feedback" button that usually floats along the right side of the page and leave comments in the pop up.

2024-04-21_13-26-43.jpg

2024-04-21_13-27-04.jpg

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@mr_lincoln  yep, there are just two different things going on here that are separate but confusing because they are happening at the same time. 😊

eBay does appear to be testing different experiences for viewing images right now.

Some are still seeing the option to "expand" the image which opens the full image in an expanded window where you can also shuffle through the other images as well, and some are now only seeing the option to magnify or zoom in within the single image container on the listing page.

I'm still seeing the expand option in FireFox

2024-04-21_12-13-18.jpg

But Chrome only shows the magnify option.

2024-04-21_12-14-14.jpg

That is something eBay controls and it appears they may be running testing on those different functions.

That's separate from the "hover menu" you mentioned. The "hover menu" is what is being added by Microsoft, presumably as part of integrating Copilot into the Edge browser experience, and that "hover menu" will be shown on many different sites you may visit including Amazon and others if you use MS Edge.

The thumbs down in your screenshot will send feedback to Microsoft about the "hover menu", not to eBay about the "expand" vs "magnify" test, if that makes sense.

To leave feedback for eBay about "expand" vs "magnify, you'll need to click the "feedback" button that usually floats along the right side of the page and leave comments in the pop up.

2024-04-21_13-26-43.jpg

2024-04-21_13-27-04.jpg

@valueaddedresource 

Yes, I saw the same thing on different sites.  Turned the hover menu OFF on eBay via a right click and tool tip choice (now can't turn it back on LOL). I am not running Copilot to my knowledge.  The hover menu is still ON other sites.  

That aside, I hope eBay cans this approach to viewing enlarged images on a listing ... takes too much time.

Regards,
Message 12 of 12
latest reply