Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new format for markdown manager sucks really bad

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: The new format for markdown manager sucks really bad

Yep, I agree 1000%.... I hate it. It is the ONLY thing about the new Seller's Hub I can't stand. Created a sale last night. I can get into the old markdown manager page, but redirects me to the new sales promotion page when I try to start to create a sale. I am thinking about editing a current/old sale or using an old sale as a template from the old markdown manager, but haven't tried it yet.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

It still takes me to the old page. Can someone post a screenshot of the new one.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

TOTALLY agree!  If I missed it will someone please tell me where the filter is for exclude already on sale?  Or is it gone?  I posted new items and wanted to throw them into a current sale.  I had to narrow and narrow the price field until they finally showed up since when I tried 0.00 - 20.00 NO listings showed up as available to discount.  But when I got within cents of the item's price magically they were there??!!  Also, only percentages in .5's?  I know this is probably trivial to some but I have always ran a true one-third off ie 33%...I guess no more?  If anyone has any great advice for navigating this terrible new and ANOTHER not asked for software - please do pipe up 🙂  Thanks  (This includes you guides!) 🙂

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

🙂

Just click the link like in pic 2 for all the info if you are still seeing the regular Markdown Mgr

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I have found that eBay is the master of 'fixing' things that were never broken.

FuN fAcT: If it ain't broke, it doesn't need to be 'fixed'.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Fellow Sellers, 

If you think the new Seller Hub is more confusing and requires more clicks to get your work done just wait until you try to use the new Markdown Manager, I would say it is 10 times more work to choose the items you want to place on sale.

Ebay PLEASE Stop the updates until next year so we sellers can have good Holiday Sales...

I am hoping that they are still not done with fixing the process and that very soon it will update 'cause if they take out the Markdown Manager (Old) as they are referring to it, we are in big trouble.

Maybe I haven't found the correct place to find it, but neither have any of the 7 customer service agents I have spoken to.  eBay asks us to go to "the Promotions manager dashboard and choose Sale event + markdown from the Create a promotion drop down on the top right."  However there is a sale event but no markdown...

If you can shed some light, please let me know...

Thank you.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

i wish ebay would switch it back 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I love it. Multi-level sales based on price point in one single sale instead of 4 or 5 different ones...very nice.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

YES The new Markdown manager SUCKS..

I was finally forced onto it.

Why does Ebay continually try to fix things that aren't broken and that NO ONE wants changed?

Someone, or multiple people, in Ebay management just doesn't get it.

The elimination of Turbo Lister was also a MAJOR BLUNDER.

I have been with Ebay for 18+yrs and can honestly say that they have taken as many steps backwards as they have taken forwards over the years.

Their customer (who pay them) are SELLERS, yet they keep making boneheaded moves that **bleep** off the Sellers and make it harder for them to do business.

I, like so many others, started sellng on Etsy a couple years ago, and will probably start selling on Amazon too, because EBAY just doesn't understand how to keep my business.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

YUUUUUP. Totally agree here. They totally broke something that didn't even need fixing. I totally hate it now and sometimes the markdowns don't even work because I have existing "promotions" like buy 3 get 1 free on them. Apparently it sometimes combines the discounts correctly, sometimes they don't.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Its horrible. I've wasted half my day today and still getting nowhere quick. Just spinnig the tires. I love how the search box says in gray "search title" then when you do that it searches titles and descriptions. No way to narrow things down. So you have to go and click the select box for each individual item. Then when you think youre almost done, nope. Only 500 items at a time. **bleep**?!? Now I got to do it all again to get the last 100+ that I couldnt fit. Or if you use promote by store catagory there is no way te deselect items? Come on....

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Totally agree. It is not getting any easier just aggrieving.  No wonder why eBay earnings are going down.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply